British foreign secretary to visit China next weekMarch 10th, 2010 - 1:14 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 9 (IANS) British Foreign Secretary David Miliband will visit China next week to discuss bilateral ties and issues of mutual concern, Chinese foreign ministry said Tuesday.
Miliband is due to visit China from March 14 to 17 as a guest of his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi, the ministry spokesman Qin Gang told reporters here.
Qin said Miliband is expected to visit China’s financial hub Shanghai and hold talks with Yang during his visit, Xinhua reported.
“The two sides will exchange views on China-Britain relations and major international and regional issues of mutual concern,” Qin said.
“We hope the visit will help maintain sound momentum of the development of bilateral ties, deepen understanding and trust, promote communication and cooperation in various fields and push forward China-Britain and China-EU relations,” Qin added.
- China seeks peace with neighbours (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Indian Navy ships in China next week, to expand strategic trust - Jun 07, 2012
- India, China to resume dialogue on non-proliferation - Apr 13, 2012
- Ahead of Hu's visit, India, China hold talks (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Arab League chief calls for closer Arab-China ties - May 08, 2012
- China, Britain to strengthen strategic relation - Sep 17, 2011
- China seeks peaceful solution to differences with neighbours (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- India, China hold maiden border mechanism talks - Mar 06, 2012
- Ahead of BRICS summit, Krishna to visit China - Feb 03, 2012
- Boundary, China-Pakistan deal on agenda in NSA's Beijing trip (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Differences with India minor, says China - Jun 07, 2012
- India, China open year of friendship, push boundary solution (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- India, China to start maritime dialogue, border meet next week (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Pakistan, China ties are unique: Hina Rabbani Khar - Aug 24, 2011
- China seeks 'better external environment' - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,