British dailies expect Benazir to confront MusharrafNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
“The expectations from Benazir Bhutto to confront Musharraf have developed because of the simple reason that currently she is the only leader in Pakistan who is not under detention,” The News wrote in a report.
“She (Benazir) is also capable of pulling crowds on the streets in case she decides to confront Musharraf at a time when the whole country is looking towards their political leaders to come forward and lead them,” the report added.
Quoting the stories that appeared in leading British dailies, the report highlighted Benazir’s leadership qualities, her political legacy and the few options left with her.
“Her only option now is to take him (General Musharraf) head-on as she did Pakistan’s last military dictator, General Zia-ul Haq 20 years ago,” the Sunday Times wrote.
“Musharraf has not only torn up that deal with Benazir Bhutto but once more transformed Bhutto into Pakistan’s main hope for democracy,” the report in the Sunday Times added.
A day before on Saturday, the same newspaper had quoted Bhutto’s condemnation of Musharraf’s actions and her resolve to fight. (ANI)
- PPP a party of the masses, says Pakistani PM - Jun 25, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto was woman of dignity, courage: Daily - Oct 24, 2011
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Joining Imran's party? Forget it, says Fatima Bhutto - Jan 22, 2012
- Ajmer agog with impending Zardari visit - Apr 08, 2012
- Is the Pakistani Army getting ready to take over? (Part I) - Jan 07, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Judge rejects list of Musharraf's properties - Jul 10, 2011
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Restoring constitution reaffirms Bhutto's philosophy: Zardari - Apr 04, 2010
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Don't need trust vote, not opposing any institution: Gilani (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: benazir bhutto, british dailies, condemnation, crowds, general musharraf, imposition, karachi, leadership qualities, military dictator, pakistan, political leaders, political legacy, preventive detention, security forces, sunday times, zia ul haq