British couple delivers baby in bathroomMay 17th, 2012 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 17 (IANS) What seems to be a scene taken from some Hollywood movie, a couple in Britain delivered their baby in a bathroom all the while being guided by a midwife over phone as labour lasted barely eight minutes.
Natalie Dunleavy and Joshua Courtney brought their daughter into the world while a midwife kept advising them over the phone, The Sun reported.
The 22-year-old Dunleavy had dismissed her contractions as an upset stomach at the couple’s home in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. When the final moments came a week earlier than expected, there was no time to dash to hospital.
Husband Courtney, 21, was “absolutely terrified”. He checked the baby’s umbilical cord was not tangled before helping deliver her. He later patted the newborn on the back so she started breathing and wrapped her in towels, earning midwife’s praise.
Wife Natalie said: “It was so quick it was unbelievable. Josh was amazing.”
“I was panicking and the midwife was calming me down over the phone. I think my body went into autopilot. The baby’s perfect,” said the young father.
- Little kids help mom deliver baby in the bathroom - Mar 19, 2010
- Kids Help Their Mom Deliver A Baby In California - Mar 19, 2010
- Dog rescues newborn baby in Ghana - Jun 10, 2012
- Woman delivers own baby using mirror - Dec 30, 2011
- Woman strangles her newborn baby in Dubai airport - Dec 28, 2010
- Umbilical cord blood not the right indicator to measure allergy risk - Oct 06, 2010
- Midwife suspended for putting crying baby in cupboard (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Midwife sacked for putting crying baby in cupboard - May 26, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt, Manyata Dutt: New Members Of Life Cell - Dec 15, 2010
- Mother sells infant to pay for elder child's treatment - Feb 18, 2011
- Couple name baby after Kia Carens people carrier! - Nov 20, 2009
- Newborn girl found dead in Delhi drain - Jan 18, 2011
- Cutting umbilical cord too soon could harm baby - Nov 12, 2010
- Claming umbilical cord right after birth may injure baby: Expert - Nov 11, 2010
- Brit woman didn't know she was pregnant until baby arrived in the bath! - Nov 24, 2010