British boy rapes to feel ‘grown up’June 1st, 2012 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 1 (IANS) A 12-year-old boy raped a girl three years younger in Britain after watching hardcore porn on the internet. He said he did it “to feel grown up”, a court heard.
His lawyer Sean Templeton told the closed hearing that the boy was copying what he had seen online with unlimited access to explicit sites, The Sun reported.
The lawyer said it was worrisome that youngsters were getting their sex education from porn. He further warned that the boy’s case was the “tip of the iceberg”, with similar incidents going unreported.
Judge Lady Smith told the boy: “You must not regard pornography as any guide at all as to how to behave sexually.”
The boy, now 14, admitted rape and sexual assault but was spared a custodial sentence.
- Judge forgives teen rapist, blames internet porn - Jul 03, 2012
- Indian-origin court clerk caught watching porn during trial - May 01, 2012
- I collected child porn for thesis: Man tells court - Jun 26, 2011
- Briton clicks himself raping child, jailed - Aug 12, 2012
- NSW MPs may have watched child porn on parliamentary computers - Dec 02, 2010
- Women share their thoughts on porn on first annual Ladyporn Day - Feb 25, 2011
- Jaycee Dugard's kidnappers 'confess to 18 years of sex abuse' - Mar 02, 2011
- Drive to save British kids from online sex - Mar 25, 2012
- Brit woman 'sexually assaulted 5-mth-old baby while paedo beau took pics' - Oct 07, 2010
- UK magistrate's 'extreme porn collection included animal sex images' - Mar 03, 2011
- Legalizing child porn could deter child sex abuse: Study - Dec 01, 2010
- Jacqui Smith asks porn barons to fund 'real' sex ed in schools - Feb 27, 2011
- Briton stabs, strangles niece in pornographic obsession - Oct 05, 2010
- Sexually inappropriate teacher-pupil relationships 'just tip of iceberg' - Dec 20, 2010
- Brit schoolchildren as young as 11 asked to debate 'rape myths' - May 24, 2010