Britain’s fattest woman claims she’s been left to dieJuly 15th, 2010 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 15 (ANI): Britain’s fattest woman, weighing 45 stone, has claimed that she has been left to die.
Mother-of-four Sharon Mevsimler said that doctors have told her she’s too big for life-saving surgery.
Her weight puts so much pressure on her heart and lungs that she has to wear an oxygen mask to breathe. Her husband Tyler is always by her side to help.
Sharon turned to food for comfort after she suffered from severe post-natal depression.
Admitted in Broomfield Hospital near her home in Chelmsford, Essex, Sharon said that the local primary health care trust refused surgery.
“I have been left to die. If I was anorexic I would get proper help but no one has sympathy for obese people,” The Sun quoted Sharon as saying.
However, sources at the National Health Services say that Sharon has been lined up for a 30,000-pound gastric by-pass operation. (ANI)
- Britain's fattest woman dies - Jul 26, 2010
- Britain's fattest woman dies in hospital - Jul 26, 2010
- Britain's fattest woman weighs 254 kg - Feb 16, 2012
- Aretha Franklin laughs off surgery rumours - Mar 14, 2011
- Brit girl recommended boob job at 15 because of uneven breasts - Aug 09, 2010
- Healthy UK women demanding gastric bands to stay thin - Jan 18, 2011
- Aretha Franklin laughs off gastric bypass rumours - Mar 13, 2011
- Kylie Minogue receives doctorate - Oct 06, 2011
- Former world's fattest man to sue NHS for his weight gain - Jan 08, 2011
- 30 Year Old Mother Has Gastric Bypass Surgery and Dies - Sep 22, 2010
- World's fattest man dies - Jul 08, 2010
- Sharon felt 'ugly' after surgery - Jan 22, 2012
- Gastric bypass surgery lead to better long-term results - Feb 22, 2011
- Gadkari undergoes gastric surgery - Sep 14, 2011
- 10 infants die in Andhra hospital - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: chelmsford essex, doctors, fattest woman, gastric by pass, health care trust, heart, london, lungs, national health services, oxygen mask, post natal depression, primary health care, sharon mevsimler, sun, sympathy