Britain refuses visa to Osama bin Laden’s son: reportApril 30th, 2008 - 7:50 pm ICT by admin
London, April 30 (IANS) One of Al Qaeda head Osama bin Laden’s sons, who is married to a British woman, has been denied permission to live with her in Britain, according to a report Wednesday. British officials told Omar Ossama bin Laden that there they believe he is still loyal to his father, who is held responsible for the London suicide bombings of July 7, 2005, the Times newspaper reported.
Omar Ossama bin Laden, 27, is appealing against the decision because he wants to live with his 52-year-old wife Zaina Alsabah bin Laden - formerly Jane Felix-Browne - in Chesire, northwest England.
“Who can know 100 percent that my father is behind 9/11 or 7/7? I am not a judge and jury. I do not know if my father is a terrorist or was involved in the attacks,” he was quoted as saying.
“I want to come to England with my wife so she can be close to her children and grandchildren and she should also be near her hospital. The English are nice people and I am sure they will welcome me. People will understand I am not my father. I want to stop war, stop bombing and stop the killing,” he added.
The Times said a government officer at the British embassy in Cairo had written to him, saying, “I note that statements made during recent media interviews indicate evidence of continuing loyalty to your father, and your presence in the UK could, therefore, cause considerable public concern.”
Fiftytwo people were killed in the 7/7 suicide bombings, which were carried out by four British Muslim men said to be linked to an Al Qaeda cell in Britain.
The paper said Omar Ossama bin Laden has repeatedly condemned the 7/7/ bombings as well as the 9/11 attacks in the US.
Osama bin Laden is said to have several children - “some 10″ according to the Time newsmagazine.
- Bin Laden's son upset over ex-wife's comments - Jul 12, 2010
- Bin Laden's son and wife split after 'he heard his dad's voice in his head' - Jul 09, 2010
- Louise Pollard: Bin Laden's grandchildren miscarried after assault in Syria - Sep 14, 2010
- Osama bin Laden is alive, says son Omar - Jul 15, 2010
- Brit surrogate mum 'pregnant again with Osama Bin Laden's grandchild'! - Apr 11, 2011
- Brit surrogate to Bin Laden's son, wife is pregnant - Jul 10, 2010
- Literature of terror: Books Osama spawned - May 02, 2011
- Obama no better than my father: Osama's son - May 11, 2011
- Bin Laden Request Louise Pollard To Try Again After Miscarriage - Sep 14, 2010
- America may face more violent enemy, if Osama killed, says his son - May 03, 2011
- Osama's Son, Omar Bin Laden, Desires A Date With Drew Barrymore - Jul 18, 2010
- Osama's missing wife, children, grandchildren living in secret compound in Iran - Dec 23, 2009
- Highlights of Obama's speech - May 02, 2011
- 'Osama's grandchildren twins' die after attack on surrogate mum - Sep 13, 2010
- Omar Bin Laden checks into a mental hospital - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: 7 7 bombings, 9 11 attacks, al qaeda, british embassy in cairo, british officials, british woman, chesire, embassy in cairo, government officer, grandchildren, jane felix browne, judge and jury, media interviews, muslim men, northwest england, old wife, osama bin laden, ossama bin, public concern, suicide bombings