Britain is the world’s booziest nation!December 7th, 2010 - 12:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 7 (ANI): A new survey has revealed that Britain is the booziest nation in the world, with more people drinking - and more regularly - than any other country.
Around 84 percent of Britons are drinkers - way ahead of the lowest nation, India, where just 27 percent ever have a tipple - compared with the international average of 71 percent, reports the Daily Mail.
The survey found nearly one in ten Britons admitted to drinking every day, almost twice the number in France.
Around 41 percent of Britons drink regularly, more than our nearest rivals in Australia, 27 percent, and the international average of 17 percent.
The survey also found that around one in three Britons exercise for less than an hour a week, and one in four smoke.
“It’s shocking to see us trailing behind so many other countries when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle,” said Dr Annabel Bentley of Bupa Health and Wellbeing. (ANI)
- Indians booze the least in the world - Dec 07, 2010
- Survey Deems That Britain Is The World's Booziest Nation - Dec 07, 2010
- Unhealthy lifestyle 'cutting 12 yrs off average Brit's life' - Mar 09, 2011
- Online self-diagnosis poses a health risk - Jan 04, 2011
- Britain is the world's booziest nation - Dec 07, 2010
- Britons spend a year of their lives in the pub - Aug 04, 2012
- Tourists to London might be foxed by local language - Jul 17, 2012
- Over-50s are now Britian's biggest drinkers - Apr 05, 2010
- 'Sahaja Yoga fosters better health' - May 14, 2012
- 1 in 5 Brits opens up about true feelings while online - May 23, 2010
- More Britons say they are happy: Survey - Jul 24, 2012
- Everyone looks beautiful through 'beer goggles' - Jan 28, 2011
- Chinese urban women contribute one-third to family income - Feb 29, 2012
- Binge drinking doubles heart attack risk - Nov 25, 2010
- Binge drinkers at 'higher risk of heart disease' - Nov 24, 2010