Britain has nothing to do with Pakistan’s internal politics: UK Foreign SecretaryNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:27 am ICT by admin
He also spoke about challenges and dangers faced by people in terms of religious extremism, nuclear proliferation, climate change and global inequality.
“We cannot confront these challenges without recognising the benefit of diversity that comes through shared values and institutions. No one can opt out of these challenges and dangers,” the Daily Times quoted Miliband, as saying.
Britain is already a diverse country, and the ruling Labour Party government is endeavouring to extend these shared activities to all the sections of the community, he said earlier this week.
Britain has accepted Muslims with an open heart and though the country was once a colonial power, it was no longer so, the daily quoted him, as saying.
Urging to cement the differences between various communities and faiths, Miliband said the European Union was still debating whether Turkey, a country with 95 percent of the population being Muslim, could become a member of the 27-member organisation or not. (ANI)
- Visit aimed at understanding Pakistan's challenges: Miliband - Jan 09, 2010
- Britain not to meddle in Indo-Pak ties - Apr 09, 2010
- Miliband says Pakistan's domestic issues causing terrorism - Apr 18, 2009
- Former Brit Foreign Secretary Miliband may be offered US envoy post - Dec 28, 2010
- David Miliband joins Sunderland as non-executive vice-chairman - Feb 02, 2011
- No threat to Pak democratic set-up: Miliband - Jan 10, 2010
- After Headley, Tiger Hanif to be test case for UK-India extradition - Mar 24, 2010
- British Muslim faces war crimes charges in Bangladesh - Apr 16, 2012
- 'Pakistan should do more to make Mumbai attackers accountable' - Apr 30, 2011
- British bank chief's high bonus criticized (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- 'Pakistan should do more to make Mumbai attackers accountable' (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Apr 30, 2011
- India, Britain natural partners: President Patil - Oct 28, 2009
- New president in Egypt: Implications for political Islam (Comment) - Jul 03, 2012
- British bank chief criticized over bonus - Jan 28, 2012
- Foreign secret agents freely roaming in Pakistan: Musharraf - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: cement, challenges, climate change, colonial power, earlier this week, faiths, foreign and commonwealth, foreign and commonwealth office, global inequality, internal politics, labour party, member organisation, nuclear proliferation, open heart, opt out, pakistan, party government, politics uk, religious extremism, shared values