Brit woman’s agony as cheap breast implants explodeSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 3:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 22 (ANI): A British woman has opened up about the severe pain she went through after her cheap breast implants exploded after just four years.
Lindsey Easeman, 27, a beautician, who lives with stay-at-home dad Dean, 32, and their year-old daughter Holly, in Kirkby, Merseyside, had wanted to boost her size 36B chest to a DD.
She took a three-year loan for the 3,500 pounds boob job, which was half the price of a top boob job, and was very happy with the results.
But when the implants, made by French company PIP, ruptured after four years, she was left in severe pain.
“I was made up after I had my implants in 2006. They looked fantastic. When I had shooting chest pains earlier this year I put them down to changes in my body after a baby,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
“But I went to the doctor and was referred for an ultrasound scan. Before that appointment I discovered a lump under my right armpit.
“The scan showed the implant in my right breast had ruptured. Gel had leaked out causing the lump. I was devastated - all I did was cry,” she said.
Easeman, like other customers, had been told the implants had a lifetime guarantee due to their “Turkish delight” leak-proof composition, but in reality the implants turned out to have an abnormally high rupture rate.
She had to have her implants removed as soon as possible, but due to waiting lists the NHS could only offer an operation to take them out followed by, at a later unknown date, breast reconstruction surgery.
“I kept thinking, ‘I’m a young girl. The NHS will remove them but not replace them at the same time, so I would be left with droopy, stretched skin until I could get new ones’,” she explained.
“In the end I had no choice but to pay for them to be replaced myself,” she said.
She has had to return to work full-time and take out a loan so she could have the 3,500 pounds operation to remove and replace the implants.
“It meant I had to go back to work full-time, which has robbed me of time with my daughter. I’m so relieved I’ve got new ones by Allergan, which are the most expensive on the market,” she added. (ANI)
- Alert for women who had breast implants - Dec 21, 2011
- Botched boob job almost killed me, says Tabatha Coffey - Nov 29, 2010
- 1,500 Venezuelan women sue breast implant firm - Jan 11, 2012
- Sharon Osbourne removes implants - Oct 08, 2011
- Amy Childs thrilled with bigger assets - Jul 05, 2012
- Women with breast implants alerted to cancer risk - Dec 03, 2011
- Kourtney Kardashian wants implants out - Feb 20, 2011
- Dutch women advised to remove breast implants - Jan 12, 2012
- 100,000 UK women in danger of their breast implants rupturing - Apr 18, 2011
- Sharon Osbourne to hand over her breast implants to her husband - Apr 20, 2010
- Paintball shot bursts British woman's breast implants - Aug 25, 2011
- Katie blamed for boom in breast enhancement surgery - Dec 03, 2011
- Brit girl recommended boob job at 15 because of uneven breasts - Aug 09, 2010
- Cancer cases found in women with French brand implants - Dec 31, 2011
- Brazilian model with world's biggest breasts fears 38KKK boobs will kill her - Jul 17, 2010
Tags: armpit, beautician, breast implants, breast reconstruction surgery, british woman, chest pains, daughter holly, french company, kirkby, leak proof, lifetime guarantee, merseyside, pip, rupture rate, severe pain, stay at home, stay at home dad, turkish delight, ultrasound scan, waiting lists