Brit woman set to deliver rare Siamese twins with two heads, one bodyJanuary 12th, 2009 - 5:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 12 (ANI): An expectant mother is set to rewrite pages in British medical history by delivering rare Siamese twins with two heads but just one body.
Lisa Chamberlain and her fiance Mike Pedace, who finally became bearers of good news after trying for seven years, have decided to go ahead with the pregnancy, even after being advised to abort the conjoined babies, who have just one heartbeat.
Doctors at Portsmouths St Marys Hospital told the couple that their dicephalus twins have just a 20 per cent chance of survival, but that did not let the expectant couple to budge from their decision.
If the tots defy the medical odds, they will then go on to write a new chapter in British medical history as the nations first ever living dicephalus twins.
To me, my twins are a gift from God and were determined to give them their chance of life, the Sun quoted Lisa as saying.
Mike added: We just want everyone to give us a chance. We both feel very strongly that our babies should be given every opportunity they can of surviving. We know its going to be very tough, but were prepared for that as much as we can be. Weve struggled for so long for the chance to have children. Now weve got that chance, were not going to throw it away. (ANI)
- Separated Nigerian Siamese twins take hope back home - Jul 17, 2010
- SC pushes for surgical separation of conjoined sisters (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Hyderabad's siamese twins face uncertain future - Jan 18, 2012
- Abby And Brittany Hensel Appear On Television - Nov 16, 2009
- Irish conjoined twins separated after 14-hour operation - May 16, 2010
- Brit teen prepares to become world''s youngest mother of conjoined twins - Nov 23, 2008
- Premature birth boy is now bigger than kids twice his age - Jul 07, 2010
- Delhi surgeons to separate conjoined twins from Bihar - Mar 31, 2010
- It's a girl for Kourtney Kardashian! - Jul 09, 2012
- Brit oldest dad for twins has 13th child at 72 but still wants more kids - Feb 28, 2011
- Separated a month ago, Siamese twins go home Saturday - May 28, 2010
- Laser technique to separate twin foetuses in womb - Jun 08, 2012
- Separated Siamese twins to be discharged by Saturday - May 27, 2010
- Britain's oldest father of twins to be dad again - Jun 01, 2010
- Twins who can 'hear each other's thoughts, see through each other's eyes' - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: babies, dicephalus twins, doctors, expectant couple, fiance, gift from god, heartbeat, lisa chamberlain, london, medical history, new chapter, odds, pregnancy, seven years, siamese twins, st marys hospital, sun, survival, twins with two heads