Brit woman sells excess breast milk with ‘healing properties’ onlineJune 10th, 2010 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 10 (ANI): A British woman has found a novel way of making money and dispensing off her excess breast milk - by selling it online.
According to the Daily Mail, Toni Ebdon, 26, from Exeter, Devon, who is on maternity leave, has 10 regular customers, and she charges them 15 pounds for 113g (4oz) of breast milk.
“I was expecting women who couldn’t breast feed to get in touch but instead all the responses were from men,” News.com.au quoted her as saying.
Single mum Ebdon, who had given birth to a boy, David, earlier this year, found that she was producing more than enough milk for him, and so not to let it go to waste she decided to sell it on the Internet.
She said her customers may be using the milk for its healing properties.
“Breast milk has healing properties and I think people want to use it for those reasons,” she said.
“I tend not to ask too many questions or pry into people’s private lives.
“All communication prior to the sale is done via email and I meet the customer in person to hand over the milk.
“They can have it fresh or store it in the freezer for up to one month. I always feed my baby first so he gets the most nutritious milk.
“I haven’t made loads of money but there’s plenty more milk to come and I intend to carry on selling it until it dries up,” she added. (ANI)
- Babies Need More Than Breast Milk, Study Reveals - Jan 15, 2011
- John Milton's 160-year-old poetry book covered in skin of hanged murderer - Feb 26, 2011
- Does Donatella sleep in freezer to look young? - Jul 01, 2012
- Soon, a mother's milk bank for NSW mums who can't breastfeed - Nov 29, 2010
- Brit mom gives birth to twins 10 seconds apart! - Jun 25, 2009
- Sarah Palin mocks Michelle Obama's breastfeeding initiative - Feb 18, 2011
- GM cows produce 'human' breast milk - Apr 03, 2011
- Miranda Kerr defends breastfeeding picture - Feb 07, 2011
- Inspired by Indians, Brit mom uses breast milk for cooking - Apr 23, 2010
- Angry Canadian mums take breast-feeding to the mall - Jan 28, 2011
- Breast milk promotes gut bugs that give baby immunity - Aug 28, 2012
- Claws out as Tiger Woods' ex-mistresses fight - Oct 14, 2010
- Woman survives four days in freezer - Sep 13, 2012
- Bangkok's insect food: protein-rich cricket cookies, bamboo-worm pizzas (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
- Feasting all night long - at Jama Masjid of course (Feature) (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: breast feed, breast milk, british woman, daily mail, dries, ebdon, email, exeter devon, freezer, healing properties, loads of money, making money, maternity leave, melbourne, men news, news com au, novel, nutritious milk, private lives