Brit woman, 106, puts her longevity down to fish and chipsJanuary 28th, 2011 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 28 (ANI): A widow in the UK who has just celebrated her 106th birthday has said that the secret behind her longevity is fish and chips.
Selina Kellett from Leeds said she loves her regular helping of haddock and chips.
“I don’t drink or smoke but I do love my fish and chips,” the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
The former tailoress, whose husband Ernest died 44 years ago, is in very good health despite breaking her hip in a fall in 2010.
Her daughter Mavis Fear, 80, said, “Fish and chips are her only vice and seem to do her the world of good.”
“Since the fall she can no longer walk by herself to the chippie, so has to rely on her niece Winnie to take her in the car.
“She’s always loved fish and chips, dark chocolate and gooseberries,” she said. (ANI)
- A 106-year-old woman who loves fish and chips - Jan 28, 2011
- 106 years old and still a virgin! - Sep 04, 2010
- UK's fish and chips preserving regional dialects - Feb 16, 2010
- Lady GaGa orders 35 bags of fish 'n chips! - Mar 05, 2010
- 'World's healthiest fish n chips' created - Aug 14, 2010
- Murder saga resolved, six skeletons found (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Meet the fish bar lad, 17, who became a Prada model - Mar 17, 2011
- Lady Gaga 'has a soft spot for fish 'n' chips' - Oct 27, 2010
- Mel B plans restaurant in Leeds - Oct 27, 2011
- Murder saga resolved with discovery of six skeletons (Third Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago honours 'nani' to mark Indian Arrival Day - Jun 12, 2012
- Nelson Mandela's ex Winnie to have her own opera - Dec 28, 2010
- Zsa Zsa Gabor Returns Home After Four Weeks In Hospital - Aug 12, 2010
- Shakira obsessed with chocolates - Jun 21, 2010
- Patridge doesn't have weight issues! - Jul 28, 2011