Brit wife ‘happily married’ despite losing tribunal fight with dentist hubbyFebruary 18th, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 18 (ANI): A woman in Britain, who worked for her dentist husband and then sued him for unfair dismissal, has revealed that despite the court rejecting her plea she still has a happy relationship with him.
Helen Hutcheson, 46, had taken her husband John to a tribunal and demanded he pay legal costs after her work arrangement as practice manager at his dental clinic in Aberdeen ended in her dismissal.
The court threw out her unfair dismissal case, but she insists that she is not bitter at all, and is in fact still very happily married to him.
“There is no animosity. We are fine. It was a procedural thing I had to go through, and my husband backed me all the way,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
John, 53, runs his Rosemount Dental Clinic with business partner Karen Robertson.
Helen had resigned last June over an issue with another colleague and launched a claim that would have cost the couple thousands of pounds in legal fees.
“I raised grievances regarding the conduct of another dentist and I felt I had no other option but to leave,” she said.
“My husband said if I felt I needed a tribunal, all he could do was tell the truth. He is my husband but he’s still an employer,” she stated.
Helen was a member of staff for ten months, but there was no formal contract for the period she had worked before that.
And her case was thrown out on the grounds that she had not been on the staff for long enough to make an unfair dismissal claim - the minimum employment period is 12 months.
Helen agreed the scenario could have been very hard for some couples, but it did not faze them.
“We’ve been through some very difficult things in our marriage and a tribunal was nothing compared to them,” she said.
She said the clinic had offered her compensation and her job back, but she refused.
“Things haven’t changed there. I’m just going to go back to being a dentist’s wife,” she added. (ANI)
- Woman wrongly accused of watching porn gets compensation - Aug 02, 2012
- I have been vaporised by Gordon Ramsay: Chris Hutcheson - Oct 31, 2010
- Bollywood soon, but not yet: Madhuri - Jan 10, 2012
- Heather Mills says she treated ex-nanny 'like a daughter' - Mar 31, 2010
- Kiwi dentist who made his female patient touch his penis found guilty - May 13, 2010
- Brit Indian dentist guilty of offering patient discount in exchange for sex - Oct 23, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay to sue family members - Aug 09, 2011
- Heather Mills accused of "telling unpleasant lie" over nanny boob job - Apr 02, 2010
- Want a dazzling smile? Go for dental jewellery! - Sep 07, 2010
- Leonora Rustamova to challenge her 'unfair dismissal' after writing a racy novel - Jan 13, 2011
- Brit nurse unfairly dismissed over saucy joke rules Appeal Court - Feb 05, 2011
- After getting dumped, woman dentist pulls out ex's teeth - Apr 28, 2012
- Brit-Indian dentist 'tried to seduce patient with discount on treatment offer' - Sep 23, 2010
- Dentist retrieves tooth from bin, fixes it back - Sep 11, 2011
- Hilary Duff's tooth 'fell out' just hours before wedding - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: aberdeen, animosity, being a dentist, business partner, colleague, daily mail, dental clinic, dentist husband, employment period, formal contract, grievances, happy relationship, helen hutcheson, hubby, karen robertson, london feb, minimum employment, plea, unfair dismissal claim, work arrangement