Brit team sets world record of 1,527 miles in car on one fuel tankOctober 4th, 2010 - 4:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 4 (ANI): A Brit team has set a world record by covering 1,527 miles in a family car on one tank of fuel.
They got nearly 90 miles to the gallon from a Volkswagen Passat BlueMotion.
That is just over 6p a mile, reports the Sun.
Driver Gavin Conway took the car from Maidstone, Kent, to the South of France.
The VW’s 77-litre tank ran out of diesel 70 miles short of Calais on the way back.
Guinness World Records confirmed the figures.
“It goes to show how efficient modern cars are,” Motoring writer Gavin, who averaged 45mph, said. (ANI)
- Diesel VW Passat Goes 1,531 Miles on Single Tank of Fuel - Oct 05, 2010
- Volkswagen unveils world's most economical car doing 313 miles per gallon - Jan 27, 2011
- Volkswagen June sales rise 166 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Volkswagen launches Passat's next generation model - Mar 29, 2011
- Diesel cars beat hybrids in fuel efficiency - May 06, 2011
- Winfrey gives audience members free 2012 Volkswagen Beetles - Nov 23, 2010
- Electric cars 'are as dirty as diesel cars' - Feb 24, 2011
- Brit woman becomes slowest person to swim English Channel - Jul 28, 2010
- Volkswagen to launch new Jetta variant mid-2011 - Apr 08, 2011
- Four-time world rally champion sets new car world speed record on ice at 330.695 km/h - Feb 16, 2011
- 2.1 mn-pound Bugatti Veyron is most expensive car ever advertised - Aug 09, 2011
- Elephant has sex with car he mistook for a mate - Feb 26, 2011
- Volkswagen to launch Polo, Vento variants - Sep 07, 2011
- Taylor Lautner buys a new car - 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG coupe - Aug 03, 2011
- Brit teacher finishes 37,000 mile African motorbike ride in 9 mnths - Aug 16, 2010