Brit teacher sends off school report with 16 errors in it!December 1st, 2010 - 6:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 1 (ANI): A teacher in Britain has sent off a school report that contains 16 grammatical errors and spelling mistakes to the parents of a pupil.
The short report sent via email by a form tutor at Gleed Girls’ Technology College, in Lincolnshire, summarised the girl’s performance over the previous year.
It was littered with misspellings and grammatical errors (including uncircled ‘7’s and 8’s’)
The student’s mother has said that all it really did was raise questions about the teacher’s own ability.
Alongside simple spelling mistakes such as “requirements” and “occaisions”, were misplaced apostrophes, missing letters and embarrassing typos such as “ativities” and “everning”.
The unnamed teacher at 800-pupil Gleed Girls’ Technology College, in Spalding, Lincolnshire, committed her first two errors in the email’s subject heading, before the note even began.
“What concerns me most is that this teacher is supposed to be responsible for raising my daughter’s educational standards,” the Daily Mail quoted the pupil’s mother as saying.
“If her standards are that low, how can she expect my daughter’s to be high? By the time I got to the third paragraph I’d noted five mistakes,” she added.
The school’s head, Liz Shawhulme, said she was “shocked by the number of mistakes, many of which appear to be typos”.
“It was obviously written in haste and not checked but this is no excuse and I will be contacting the parent to apologise,” she stated. (ANI)
- Overseas student better at English than the British - Oct 04, 2009
- Married US teacher who got teen pupil pregnant jailed for 3 years - Dec 09, 2010
- Spelling gaffe turns city into 'unwiped bottom' - Aug 19, 2009
- New technique to identify senders of anonymous emails - Mar 09, 2011
- MI6 website full of spelling errors - Jul 27, 2009
- Traditional art of letter writing 'dying out' among kids - May 21, 2010
- Brit teacher forced to quit after bombarding pupil with romantic texts - Dec 22, 2010
- Facebook drinking posts teacher Elizabeth Scarlett reprimanded - Feb 08, 2012
- A key Bihar lesson - don't forget the private tuition! - Jan 22, 2012
- Virginian 6-year-old Lori Anne Madison makes Spelling Bee history - Jun 01, 2012
- Parents responsible for kid's bad behaviour: Survey - Apr 24, 2011
- 'Green' bride walks down the aisle in bubble-wrap dress! - May 18, 2010
- Female teacher in Wales 'shared shower with girl pupils' - Nov 04, 2010
- UK's top all-girls school bans skirts as girls wear them too short - Oct 27, 2010
- Brit female drama teacher plied girl, 13, with alcohol while grooming her for sex - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: daily mail, educational standards, email, excuse, form tutor, girls, grammatical errors, haste, london, missing letters, paragraph, parents, previous year, pupil, spalding lincolnshire, spelling mistakes, subject heading, technology college, typos