Brit shopper asked for age proof to buy teaspoons at Asda!May 6th, 2009 - 4:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 6 (ANI): A Brit shopper was left gob smacked when an Asda shop assistant asked her for an age proof to a set of teaspoons.
The lady, who went to the store to stock up on picnic equipment was reportedly informed by the assistant that someone was once murdered with a teaspoon, and thus age identification was a requisite.
The woman had also bought plates and picnic ware at the Halifax branch in West Yorkshire.
The receipt for the bizarre sale was published on the website nannyknowsbest.blogspot.com-a website set up by an internet entrepreneur Ken Frost to “expose and resist the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.”
On seeing the receipt online, the users subsequently bombarded the site with comments and suggestions for other items that could cause harm.
However, Peter McCarthy, the Asda Halifax store manager, said that he was unaware of the spoon ID rule.
“The customer will have been asked for age identification by the assistant when prompted by the till. I’m not aware of an age restriction for spoons. It’s most likely a mix-up with the bar codes,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying. (ANI)
- Franco to direct 'Child Of God' - Sep 20, 2011
- Car accident on Bullock's movie set - Jul 10, 2012
- Actor Kevin McCarthy Dies At 96 - Sep 13, 2010
- Don't use spoons to medicate children, warn doctors - Jul 15, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy opts for online dating - Nov 22, 2011
- Jolie to join 'The Counsellor' cast? - Apr 11, 2012
- McCarthy to strip for Playboy again - May 19, 2012
- McCarthy's son misses Carrey - Jun 07, 2012
- Jason Toohey Dating Jenny McCarthy - Oct 18, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy still stunned by Playboy opportunity - Sep 29, 2010
- Jim Carrey 'dating another hot young blonde' - Jan 14, 2011
- Spoonful of honey boosts energy - Dec 12, 2010
- Note teaspoon sizes to avoid drug overdose in children - Jul 16, 2010
- McCarthy parties following split - Aug 20, 2012
- Jenny McCarthy loves Botox - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: age restriction, asda, freedom, gob, halifax branch, internet entrepreneur, ken frost, nanny state, peter mccarthy, picnic, proof, receipt, spoon, spoons, teaspoon, teaspoons, telegraph, way of life, west yorkshire, yorkshire