Brit rat takes smoldering cigarette to bed, sets cage on fire!

December 10th, 2010 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI  

Melbourne, Dec 10 (ANI): A pet rat set off his beer can-strewn cage on fire when he stole a smoldering cigarette butt from an ashtray and took it to bed with him.

Miraculously, the pet named No Name survived the cage blaze and was found scampering around the floor at owner Nelly Banks’s apartment in the town of Morecambe, according to the UK’s Lancashire Evening Post.

“He is a little pincher, he is always taking stuff and hiding it and this time he took one of my cigarettes and put it into his cage which is obviously flammable,” News.com.au quoted Banks as saying.

“He had beer cans and bits of paper and all sorts in there, so it did not take much to send it up.

“I don’t know what he thought he was doing, it was about 3 am and I woke up and there was smoke everywhere,” Banks said.

A member of the local fire crew said he believed No Name was building a nest and managed to escape through an open door when he discovered his home was about to go up in flames.

“He’s in the dog house, but I’m too soft to be upset with him forever,” Banks added. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |

Subscribe