Brit parents barking mad at toy puppy teaching toddlers the F-wordMay 23rd, 2010 - 4:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 23 (ANI): Brit parents are outraged with a cuddly toy puppy which they claim is teaching their kids to say the ‘F’ word.
The 20pound Chinese-made talking dog, My Pal Scout, is aimed at making toddlers identify sounds and music.
However, parents are complaining that one of Scout’s songs includes the F-word.
The cute mutt is supposed to sing: “If you’re happy and you know it bark with me!”
But the word “bark” sounds exactly like the four-letter ‘F’ expletive.
“I couldn’t believe it… He clearly says the word ‘f***’ not ‘bark’ - THREE TIMES. I tested others in a toy shop to see if ours was faulty but they all sound like that,” News of the World quoted Danielle MacIlwaine, a mum from Maidstone, Kent, as saying.
However, manufacturers Leapfrog have defended their product.
A company spokeswoman said: “We were sorry to hear about the upset this has caused.
“It is evident the voice recording has been misinterpreted. We have already reviewed our recording process to ensure the highest standards.” (ANI)
- Brit mum left horrified as singing toy puppy starts swearing - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Puppy Tweets' toy allows your pooch to do social 'netwoofing'! - Jan 23, 2010
- 'Wuthering Heights' radio version to have f-word - Mar 22, 2011
- Drew Barrymore adopts puppy - Feb 03, 2012
- Children can read dog barks better than adults - Oct 14, 2011
- Radcliffe to do romantic comedy - Jul 20, 2012
- 25 must-know words for every child revealed - Feb 20, 2012
- 'Green toys' pull visitors to Delhi expo - Jul 01, 2012
- Elton John calls Cheryl Cole's music c**p - Feb 05, 2011
- Interest in toys predicts autism treatment's effectiveness in toddlers - Mar 23, 2011
- BBC adds foul language to 'Wuthering Heights' adaptation - Mar 22, 2011
- Sir Elton John utters the F-word live on air during family radio show - Jan 29, 2011
- Beckhams plan lavish first birthday for Harper - Jun 29, 2012
- Black woman held in Britain for racist rant - Aug 22, 2012
- Popular toys could damage hearing of children - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,