Brit-Pak pregnant woman found burnt to death in garden of Bradford homeOctober 16th, 2010 - 6:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 16 (ANI): A Pakistani origin pregnant woman was found burnt to death in the garden of her house in Bradford.
According to the Daily Mail, Asiyah Khan had come to Britain earlier this year.
Police investigating the case have said that it was not clear whether she killed herself or was set on fire by someone else.
One of her neighbours said that the family returned home from a shopping trip to find the house locked and added that when Khan’s husband Naveed climbed over the gate, he found her dead body in the back garden.
“Nav came round to get me saying ‘help me, help me.’ I didn’t know what to expect when I got round there, I thought she might have fallen over or the baby was coming early. I thought I’d have to be a midwife,” the neighbour said.
“When I got into the garden, I just didn’t know what to do with him, he was hysterical, the sisters were hysterical and the mother was too. There were no flames, the body was just black and you could see bits of her clothes around,” she added.
West Yorkshire Police said they were called by the Fire Service in the evening to report of a 23-year-old woman with serious burns on Cloudsdale Avenue, Bradford.
“The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and inquiries are ongoing,” he added. (ANI)
- Pregnant Pakistani woman burnt to death in Britain - Oct 16, 2010
- British couple delivers baby in bathroom - May 17, 2012
- Chinese woman burns lover's home to break up with him - Jun 02, 2011
- I didn't kill her, says husband of slain Indian-origin woman - Nov 23, 2010
- Dead woman breathes again after being placed in the morgue - Sep 28, 2011
- Knightley didn't like music while growing up - Jun 19, 2012
- Woman mows down boyfriend after he broke her iPhone - Jun 07, 2012
- Brook insisted on underwear scene in film - Aug 24, 2012
- British woman on death row in US seeks clemency - Apr 06, 2012
- Delhi housewife found murdered, husband missing - Apr 23, 2012
- Hats off to actors who work with newcomers: Preity Zinta - Sep 08, 2012
- Kim Kardashian engaged - May 26, 2011
- Crime student held for three prostitutes' murder in Britain - May 27, 2010
- Number of Crossbow Cannibal's murder victims could be as high as 14 - Dec 23, 2010
- Rajasthan family keeps mentally ill woman in chains - Apr 15, 2012
Tags: brit, burns, clothes, daily mail, death in the garden, fire service, flames, home london, inquiries, midwife, nav, naveed, neighbour, neighbours, old woman, pakistani origin, pregnant woman, shopping, west yorkshire police, yorkshire