Brit Muslim curry boss is accused of being a `terror kingpin’April 26th, 2010 - 6:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 26 (ANI): Curry house boss Golam Mostafa, 55, has been accused of heading a UK terror cell.
According to The Sun, British police are probing him for money laundering and frozen his bank accounts.The terror cell he is accused of running was part of the Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami militant group.Its chiefs - closely linked to al-Qaeda and the Taliban - support bin Laden’s fatwa demanding the murder of all Americans and Jews, The Sun reports.Mostafa’s arrest is his second since returning to Bangladesh.He had barely arrived when cops found guns, ammunition and books on bomb making at his home in Sylhet.
He was jailed for 17 years but launched an appeal - which saw him freed on bail.
Bangladesh police chief Shahidul Hoque said Mostafa’s arrest was based on a fresh report of extremism. (ANI)
- British terrorist leader held in Bangladesh - Apr 16, 2010
- Headley worked with FBI for capture of Mumbai mastermind - Jun 01, 2011
- India needs comprehensive plan to fight terror: Pakistani daily - Sep 09, 2011
- India hands over three dossiers to Pakistan - Feb 25, 2010
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa attacks in retaliation against crackdown on 'terror' relief camps - Aug 24, 2010
- Classic guerrilla ability keeping terrorism alive in Pak despite Army operation : Editorial - Aug 25, 2010
- India to review security of Dhaka mission - Jun 29, 2010
- UN, US designate HuJI as terrorist organisation - Aug 07, 2010
- US asks Pak to arrest and extradite pro-Kashmir Jihadi group chief soon - Jan 06, 2010
- Khaleda Zia's son, 29 others indicted in 2004 bombing - Mar 18, 2012
- Delhi blast: NIA looks for Kishtwar suspect's brother - Oct 20, 2011
- Plot to abduct Sachin: Eight-year jail terms for six - Jan 23, 2012
- Headley told wife he 'made a fool' of Rana - Jun 01, 2011
- India, Bangladesh pledge to hand over fugitives - Nov 21, 2011
- Hunt for militants plotting to attack Indian mission in Dhaka - Nov 09, 2009
Tags: 17 years, al qaeda, ammunition, brit, british police, chiefs, curry house, fatwa, golam, harkat ul, hoque, jews, jihad, kingpin, militant group, money laundering, mostafa, police chief, sylhet, taliban