Brit manager has best sickness record with no leaves taken in 43-yrsJanuary 28th, 2011 - 4:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 28 (ANI): A man in UK, who works as a manager, can boast of having Britain’s best sickness record, as he has not taken a single day off in 43 years.
Jim Owen, 66, who started as a surveyor at Basildon Council, Essex, back in 1968, has never failed to turn up for work, and he puts it down to “good genes and strong work ethic”.
He has two children and three grandchildren, and he is still working full time at the town hall, and has no plans to retire.
“Of course there have been days when I’ve woken up and felt rough and could have done with a day in bed but I have always loved my job and I’ve never wanted to let my team down. It’s about making the effort,” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
“I suppose because my parents were of the war generation it was just instilled in me from a young age that you get up and go to work every day, no ifs or buts.
“It also helps that I eat healthily, I don’t smoke and my job involves me getting outside in the fresh air a lot so it all adds up. Perhaps I’m just lucky and have good genes,” he stated.
Owen started his working life when he was just a boy, delivering papers around Southend, Essex, where he grew up.
He began work at Basildon Council in 1968 as a surveyor, and made his way up the ladder to managerial positions over the years. (ANI)
- Man works for 43 years - without a day off - Jan 28, 2011
- Aniston avoids junk food to stay slim - Jun 29, 2011
- Rihanna turns bad for 'Fast and Furious 6' - May 01, 2012
- Indian-origin pharmacist accused of groping teen's breast - Dec 09, 2010
- Now, a wristband that alerts husbands when wives are suffering from PMT - Feb 23, 2011
- Miranda Kerr loves work outs - May 19, 2012
- Katherine Jackson says she was on short vacation - Jul 27, 2012
- Essex sack South African fast bowler Lonwabo Tsotsobe - May 27, 2011
- I'm not a good worker: Hemsworth - Apr 07, 2012
- How Arjun surprised his family? (Movie Snippets) - Dec 07, 2011
- What motivates Mendes to stay fit? - May 11, 2011
- James McAvoy won't move for work - May 08, 2011
- TV set crushes boy to death - Jul 08, 2011
- Patridge doesn't have weight issues! - Jul 28, 2011
- No cannabis at work: Jeff Bridges - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: basildon council, daily mail, fresh air, full time, genes, grandchildren, jan 28, jim owen, job, ladder, leaves, london jan, managerial positions, parents, single day, southend essex, strong work ethic, surveyor, town hall