Brit man was so drunk he drove 4 miles with one wheel missingApril 7th, 2011 - 6:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 7 (ANI): A man in Britain was so drunk that he never noticed his car was missing a wheel and drove 4 miles before he was stopped by police.
Andrew Mackay, 29, who is partially deaf, was on his way home from a New Year’s Eve party, and despite sparks flying from the metal hub and the heavy pulling to the right, he drove on.
He had drunk so much alcohol that he was three times the legal drink-drive limit, and he narrowly avoided being sent to jail when he was sentenced at Bristol Crown Court.
After he pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol and dangerous driving, unemployed Mackay was given a ten-month suspended prison sentence and was told he must carry out 150 hours of community service.
He was also told that he could not drive for the next three years.
According to the Daily Express, police saw the sparks flying from the front driver’s side and pulled him over in the city.
“He was seen in Coronation Road, Bedminster, and the car had three wheels. It should have had four,” the Daily Mail quoted prosecutor Neil Treharne as saying. (ANI)
- Drunk Indian-origin driver rams bus into low bridge - Aug 01, 2010
- Gazza may be jailed for druk driving - Nov 11, 2010
- Man banned from driving for 56 years - Jul 23, 2012
- Drunk-driving in Barbie car costs man licence - Apr 20, 2010
- What car? - asks drunk Australian driver - Dec 27, 2010
- Being tired behind the wheel as bad as being drunk - Jan 20, 2011
- Drunken passengers as dangerous as drunken drivers! - Dec 20, 2010
- 72pc of all alcohol-related deaths on NZ roads caused by 'problem drivers' - Nov 14, 2010
- US teen busted for DUI while dressed as breathalyser given 90-day jail term - Feb 05, 2011
- Simpson's father held for drunk driving - Aug 11, 2012
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Jordan could be jailed for 'crazy car antics' outside UK theatre - Nov 06, 2010
- Doctor uses patient's blood for obtaining licence - Aug 19, 2011
- Swann blames drink-driving rap on "mercy mission" to rescue his trapped cat! - Aug 17, 2010
- Drunk, naked Moscow driver smashes 17 cars - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: alcohol, andrew mackay, bedminster, bristol, coronation road, crown court, daily express, daily mail, eve, hub, legal drink drive limit, london, new year, prison sentence, prosecutor, sparks, three times, three wheels, treharne, wheel