Brit man jailed for infecting girlfriend with HIVSeptember 1st, 2010 - 1:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 1(ANI): A British man has been jailed for 12 months after he infected his girlfriend with HIV and made her pregnant.
Nicholas Richards, 32, admitted committing grievous bodily harm by hiding the 19-year-old that he had the virus.
She only discovered she was infected after blood tests during pregnancy, a court heard.
Her baby did not contract HIV.
Richards claimed he did not know the risks of unprotected sex.
However, prosecutor Roy Brown said he had been warned.
“It was terrible and wicked behaviour,” the Sun quoted Judge David Caddick as telling Richards.
Richards, of Sittingbourne, was given a five-year sexual offences prevention order, banning him from having unprotected sex or failing to tell partners about his HIV status.
He got a further 12 months for GBH over a separate assault on a man at bookies. (ANI)
- Man jailed for infecting two women with HIV - Jul 26, 2011
- HIV spreading among China's elderly: 80-year-old infected - Aug 06, 2011
- German pop star given community service in HIV case - Aug 26, 2010
- HIV-infected teens 'at high risk for pregnancy, complications' - Feb 02, 2011
- US organ recipient contracts HIV from donor after post-screening - Mar 18, 2011
- HIV positive American airman 'had unprotected sex with 11 people' - Sep 22, 2010
- HIV-positive German popstar 'should not be jailed', say prosecutors - Aug 26, 2010
- Oz tattooist charged with GBH for tattooing penis on friend's back - Nov 16, 2010
- No Angels' Nadja Benaissa charged in HIV case - Feb 14, 2010
- Man jailed for attacking neighbour on 90th birthday - Oct 22, 2011
- HIV positive Oz circus acrobat may have had 'hundreds of partners' - May 26, 2010
- German HIV-positive pop star receives light prison sentence for infecting partner - Aug 27, 2010
- German pop singer pleads guilty to unprotected HIV sex charge - Aug 16, 2010
- Brit man jailed for filming couple having sex then showing it to friends - Mar 01, 2011
- Sexually transmitted diseases among Aussie youngsters on the rise - May 29, 2010
Tags: 12 months, blood tests, bookies, british man, contract hiv, gbh, girlfriend, grievous bodily harm, having unprotected sex, hiv, hiv status, judge david, pregnancy, prevention, prosecutor, risks of unprotected sex, roy brown, sexual offences, sittingbourne, virus