Brit man finds lost sister as neighbour after 40yrs of searchJanuary 3rd, 2009 - 5:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 3 (ANI): A 64-year-old British man, who had been searching for his lost sister for four decades, discovered that his sibling resided just 300 yards apart.
Ken Whitty did not recognise Yvonne, 62, even though he had walked past her home in Reddish, Greater Manchester, a countless times.
The newspaper reveals that the two of them spent their early years in Ordsall, Gtr Manchester.
They were still kids at the time of their parents death, and were cared for by a family friend.
The pair lost touch after they left home and started their own families, and later tried to trace each other.
According to the Sun, it was only when he got a letter appealing for help in his search published in a local paper last month that he got a phone call saying: Hello, this is Yvonne.
Ken, who moved to Reddish in 2002, said: I couldnt believe it. I shot round to see her.
Talking about their time apart, he said: I just assumed shed turn up, but the years rolled by.
Yvonne said: Its so nice to see Ken again. Its overwhelming.
Kens daughter Nicola Dawes said: Our family has now doubled. We are all so happy. (ANI)
- Meet the goldfish that looks a lot like Hitler! - Mar 22, 2011
- 'Psycho' guilty of murdering Indian student Bidve - Jul 27, 2012
- Anuj Bidve's killer remanded in custody - Jan 02, 2012
- After 48 years, separated siblings bump into each other by chance! - Nov 23, 2010
- Love-rat Ronan Keating 'back with wife' - Jul 25, 2010
- Anuj's parents plead for justice, to return with body Saturday - Jan 06, 2012
- Keating suffered depression after split - May 24, 2012
- England paddler's mother wishes an India cap for him - Oct 12, 2010
- British cops meet slain Indian student's kin again - Jan 03, 2012
- Singer Ronan Keating allegedly cheated on wife - May 21, 2010
- We are not paying compensation to victim's family: Salman - Jul 02, 2012
- I could feel pressure in 'Bigg Boss' house: Sachin Shroff - Dec 11, 2011
- Messi says farewell to his Kolkata fans - Sep 04, 2011
- Dawes to replace Simons as India bowling coach - Feb 14, 2012
- Ronan Keating's wife 'to give him one last chance' - May 30, 2010