Brit man breaks world’s quickest meat pie eating record in 23.91 secondsDecember 17th, 2010 - 3:19 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 17 (ANI): A man in Britain has become the quickest eater of meat pies after he broke the world record in 23.91 seconds.
Neil Collier won The World Pie Eating Championships at Harry’s Bar on December 14 in Wigan, England, by eating the saucer-sized meat pie in an incredible 23.91 seconds, smashing the previous record of 35.86 seconds.
The championship attracted the biggest field yet - with 18 competitors vying for the prestigious trophy and all the adulation that comes with it.
“He just seemed to open his throat and down it went,” the Daily Telegraph quoted organiser Tony Callaghan as telling the Guardian newspaper in the UK.
“He’s from Bolton, mind, which is a crying shame for a Wiganer to have to say, but he’s certainly learned how to eat his pies somewhere. Probably Wigan,” he added. (ANI)
- Man creates a record by eating 191 chicken wings in 12 mins - Sep 04, 2012
- Man Eats 191 Chicken Wings in 12 Min - Sep 03, 2012
- Brits ditching American fast food for old-fashioned pies - Jan 23, 2010
- Avoid meat before Olympics, China tells its athletes - Mar 15, 2012
- Taiwan breaks world record for rice planting - Aug 19, 2012
- Eight boxers to represent Indian at Asian Championships - Jul 21, 2011
- Britney loves Marmite - Oct 26, 2011
- Bolts of English Premier League - Aug 07, 2012
- Bolt, Pearson named IAAF athletes of the year - Nov 13, 2011
- Brit restaurant offers meat feast that contains over 5,000 calories - Feb 23, 2011
- 5,000 tonnes of meat consumed a day in Kerala - Sep 04, 2011
- Brown Bag Lunch Ideas For Kids - Jan 07, 2011
- Ready-to-eat meat contains few cancerous compounds - Mar 23, 2011
- Europe's oldest vegetarian restaurant on culinary crusade (With Images) - Aug 05, 2011
- Motorsports: Karun and team in top 10 - Aug 25, 2012