Brit-Indian honeymooner being held at Bristol clinic under Mental Health ActApril 21st, 2011 - 12:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 21(ANI): Shrien Dewani, the Brit-Indian millionaire who has been charged with masterminding his wife’s murder during their honeymoon in Cape Town last year, is being compulsorily held at Fromeside Clinic in Bristol under the Mental Health Act.
According to the Daily Mail, Dewani is said to be suffering from severe post-traumatic stress disorder.
Although on bail, he will now be virtually imprisoned behind the locked doors, reinforced concrete walls and five-metre perimeter fence of the medium secure hospital, City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court in London heard.
“Security is effected by staff, he has no ability to leave,” his lawyer, Julian Knowles, told the court during a brief hearing.
The 31-year-old was admitted to Fromeside after he was kicked out of The Priory Clinic in London.
Dewani was moved from the clinic after his “unmanageable” behaviour led him to frighten other patients, including throwing a plate at another patient’s door.
He is currently fighting moves to have him extradited to South Africa for trial.
Anni was shot dead after a gunman hijacked the couple’s taxi while they were on their honeymoon in South Africa in November last year. (ANI)
- Brit-Indian honeymooner thrown out of London clinic after hurling plate at patient's door - Apr 13, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner thrown out of London clinic after threatening to 'punch' nurse - Apr 15, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner collapses after court hearing in London - Apr 15, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner arrested following heated argument in London clinic - Apr 12, 2011
- Anni Dewani case: Opposing psychiatrists are partners - Sep 02, 2012
- Brit-Indian honeymooner detained with Britain's worst child killers, rapists - Apr 29, 2011
- "Stressed" Brit-Indian honeymooner fails to attend London extradition hearing - Jan 21, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Accused husband collapses in court - Apr 15, 2011
- Indian honeymoon killer resists extradition to South Africa - Dec 14, 2011
- Extradition case date set for Brit-Indian honeymooner Dewani over wife's murder - Feb 09, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Indian origin accused held for violent outburst - Apr 12, 2011
- Brit Indian honeymooner placed in psychiatric care in London for own protection - Mar 16, 2011
- Dewani murder case: Accused husband attempts suicide - Feb 22, 2011
- Proceedings to continue against "stressed" Brit-Indian honeymooner over wife's murder case - Jan 22, 2011
- Brit-Indian honeymooner's 'fragile' mental health worries pals - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: anni, brit, cape town, city of westminster, concrete walls, daily mail, fighting moves, gunman, honeymoon, julian knowles, locked doors, magistrates court, mental health act, millionaire, perimeter fence, post traumatic stress, post traumatic stress disorder, priory clinic, south africa, traumatic stress disorder