Brit hate preacher wants ‘impure’ Barbie, Peppa Pig bannedJune 11th, 2009 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 11 (ANI): Muslim extremists want toys such as Peppa Pig and Barbie banned, fearing they bring a corrupting influence on their kids by promoting “western values” against Islam.
Some shopping centres, including one in Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, were reported to have already dropped the Peppa Pig dolls from their shelves.
Preacher Omar Bakri Muhammad, who is banned from stepping into Britain after praising the 9-11 attacks, said he wanted British Muslims to break away from the toys promoting western ideology.
“The pig is something forbidden in Islam. It’s impure. Buying a cartoon toy of a pig for a child that they idolise could lead to them growing up in conflict with Islam,” The Daily Star quoted him as saying.
“People don’t want their children to have something that’s not Islamic,” he added.
The 51-year-old further propagated that he wanted Islamic dolls promoting virginity and women in veils to take over Barbie.
He said: “Look at the Barbie doll. She wears make-up, has a boyfriend, a car - that’s why Muslims don’t buy Barbie toys. I gave my daughter a Fatima Muslim doll.
“We try our best not to let western cultures corrupt our children’s minds.”
Bakri hopes to blow life into his banned Al-Muhajiroun group, which wants to fly “the black flag of Islam over Downing Street”. (ANI)
- Lebanon sentences Muslim hate cleric Omar Bakri Mohammad to life in prison - Nov 13, 2010
- Iran shutting down shops selling Barbies? - Jan 22, 2012
- British Muslims arrested in France burqa ban protest - Apr 11, 2011
- Store removes pig from kids' toy farm set in case it upset Muslims, Jews! - Nov 16, 2010
- Al-Muhajiroun terror group recruiting near Stockholm bomber's home town - Dec 19, 2010
- Iranian firm comes up with first Islamic doll - Fatima - Nov 20, 2010
- Hate cleric warns of attack after life sentence - Nov 13, 2010
- Radical preacher Anjem Choudary used rented railway viaduct arch as headquarter - Dec 26, 2010
- 7/7-attack anniversary: Muslim hate cleric warns UK of more terror attacks - Jul 06, 2010
- UK Muslim mob threatens to fly black flag of Islam over Downing Street, White House for jailed cleri - Nov 16, 2010
- Omar Bakri Mohammad convicted on terrorism charges - Nov 12, 2010
- New Barbie dolls for Olympics 2012 - Jul 26, 2012
- Jolie honoured with Bosnian citizenship - Apr 25, 2012
- UK Islamic hate preacher Choudary to be given Channel 4 slot - Nov 28, 2010
- FBI Issues Warning Notice About Barbie "Video Girl" Doll - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: 9 11 attacks, barbie doll, barbie toys, black flag, bosnia and herzegovina, british muslims, capital of bosnia, capital of bosnia and herzegovina, daily star, fatima, muslim extremists, omar bakri muhammad, peppa pig, preacher, shopping centres, veils, virginity, western cultures, western ideology, western values