Brit girl, 18, dies from rare heart condition after first kiss with boyfriendFebruary 11th, 2011 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 11 (ANI): A British girl, who shared a first kiss with her boyfriend, is said to have collapsed and died just minutes later from a rare heart condition.
Jemma Benjamin, 18, and fellow university student Daniel Ross, 21, were at his house when they kissed.
“It was not a sexual relationship but we saw each other a couple of times a week,” the Daily Mail quoted Ross as saying.
“We were going to go to a bar for some food and went back to my house for a credit card which I had forgotten.
“We were talking and ended up kissing in the hallway by the front door. We went into the kitchen and then the living room and Jemma sat down on the sofa,” he said.
Superfit hockey player Benjamin then suddenly slumped onto the sofa.
Ross, who had known Benjamin for three months, said that her eyelids “suddenly began to droop” and her mouth started to froth before she collapsed at his student flat in Treforest, Pontypridd, South Wales.
He tried desperately to save her before paramedics arrived on the scene, but unfortunately there was nothing he could do.
The inquest heard that the teenager died from the rare cardiac condition SADS, Sudden Arrhythmic Death syndrome, which kills 500 people in Britain each year.
“Jemma and Daniel started chatting and ended up kissing each other - it was possible that it was the first time they had kissed,” Det Con Richie Andrews, who interviewed Ross, told the inquest.
Benjamin’s father Dale told the hearing that he thought his daughter and Ross were “just friends”.
“Jemma was very shy and timid,” he added. (ANI)
- Jemma Benjamin dies after her first kiss - Feb 10, 2011
- Gadkari escapes unhurt in stage collapse - Feb 07, 2012
- Abandoned US brothel to become museum - Aug 09, 2012
- Instant eyelift restores youthful look - Oct 26, 2010
- Daniel Craig kisses new wife Rachel on their first public appearance - Jul 29, 2011
- Italian politician says 'Caligula was a prude compared with Berlusconi' - Jan 21, 2011
- Dumped by girlfriend, man feeds her hamster to dog - Apr 26, 2012
- Winehouse, beau were planning to wed - Oct 03, 2011
- Radcliffe finds 'vigorous kisser' Emma a bit of animal - Nov 11, 2010
- Former Tory MP's son died in India after eating opium - Apr 29, 2011
- Kylie Minogue to tell all about cancer ordeal on Jonathan Ross show - Jun 17, 2010
- Straight men 'more comfortable kissing each other than ever before' - Oct 29, 2010
- Duff feels her delivery was like a show - May 13, 2012
- In Italy, Berlusconi's sex parties are bacchanalian - Jan 21, 2011
- Natalie Portman And Benjamin Millepied Are Expecting Their First Baby - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,