Brit dog owner ends up in court for being too slow to pick up pet’s poo!August 15th, 2009 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 15 (ANI): A Brit dog owner, who was fined 75 pounds for being too slow to pick up his pet’s mess, as he had to walk five yards to his car to fetch a plastic bag, took his case to court.
Christopher Lindsay tried telling dog wardens what he was doing, but they still decided he was taking too long.
He contested the penalty, and after a trial that cost 1,000 pounds, magistrates threw out the case.
“I wish the council had listened. I tried to explain but they weren’t willing to budge and neither was I,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
“It was a waste of my time and taxpayers’ money. The magistrates didn’t look too happy spending all that time talking about dog poo,” he said.
Lindsay, 49, of Bridport, Dorset, said that he intended to pick up the mess left by his German shepherd Bono.
“I have been a dog owner for 30 years and I have always picked up responsibly. Usually Bono only needs two bags when we’re out but both of them had been used so I was walking back to my car to get another one,” he explained.
“Next thing, they were handing me a fixed penalty notice,” he said.
Jane Williams, West Dorset District Council’s senior environmental health officer, said that many responsible dog owners felt strongly about dog mess being left on pavements.
“Our wardens will continue to advise, patrol and enforce for public health,” she added. (ANI)
- Man teaches neighbours 'parking sense' with fake summons - Mar 09, 2012
- Night vision goggles being used in dog fouling crackdown - Jan 30, 2012
- Taiwan's dog poo prize lottery is a big success - Dec 09, 2011
- Kashmir's Bakharwal dog could be gone in four years (Feature) - Apr 26, 2012
- Bush was 'cleaning dog poo within 10 days of leaving White House' - Oct 21, 2010
- Littering on British roads may invite $130 penalty - Sep 04, 2011
- Dog faeces to be used to light street lamps - May 02, 2012
- Brit cops rush to park after two young sisters are seen picking daffodils - Mar 16, 2011
- Briton stabs NRI neighbour's dog to death - Jul 07, 2011
- Dog survives after 120ft cliff plunge - Jul 31, 2010
- Jessica Alba wears scarves to cover sick - Apr 01, 2012
- Brooklyn sinkhole tries to swallow cars - Aug 03, 2012
- Ke$ha's revenge involves gifting people with dog poo wrapped as presents - Jun 17, 2010
- Traffic warden sticks ticket on car unaware driver was dead in back seat - Dec 10, 2010
- Dogshaming is the latest trend for bad dog owners - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: bridport dorset, daily express, dog owner, dog wardens, dorset district council, environmental health officer, fixed penalty notice, german shepherd, jane williams, london, magistrates, money, pavements, poo, public health, responsible dog owners, taxpayers, waste of my time, west dorset district, west dorset district council