Brit couple beat 196 trillion to 1 odd after matching lotto numbers twiceFebruary 9th, 2011 - 4:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 9 (ANI): A couple in Britain, who lost out on an 8.5 million pounds jackpot six-years ago, has beaten odds of 196 trillion to one by matching the correct numbers twice and winning 4.8 million pounds.
Susan and Lee Mullen had six years ago decided to forgo their weekly lottery and put the money towards nappies instead, and their decision proved costly, as all six of their usual numbers came up.
Now, six years on, after buying a ticket, their numbers came up in last week’s EuroMillions draw, winning them almost 5 million pounds in a share of the 25 million pounds prize.
The Mullens, from Grimsby, started replaying the game at the beginning of the year after Susan had a dream at Christmas that lightning would strike twice.
“Unbelievable. It really is a dream come true. To think you never ever have to look at the label to see how much it is or to worry about what you’re putting in your trolley,” the Daily Mail quoted Lee, 38, as saying.
“We just can’t comprehend that we never, ever have to worry,” he said.
The couple matched all five numbers and two lucky stars on their lucky dip ticket to scoop the 4,873,639.80 pounds jackpot in the EuroMillions draw on February 4. (ANI)
- Ticketholder in Britain wins 41 mn pound jackpot - Jan 22, 2012
- Briton wins $98 mn lottery share - Jun 09, 2012
- British couple scoop million-pound lottery with forgotten ticket - Jun 01, 2012
- Britain's record jackpot winner to walk away with $180 mn - Oct 09, 2010
- Belgian wins 15 mn euros in lottery - Sep 17, 2011
- Christmas Eve luckiest day for winning lottery - Dec 24, 2010
- Briton scoops 148-mn-pound jackpot - Aug 11, 2012
- British couple wins $88 mn lottery - Feb 15, 2010
- Lottery millionaire Mr Topham bans his mother from his life - Mar 05, 2012
- British couple wins $260 mn jackpot - Jul 16, 2011
- 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches record $500 million - Mar 29, 2012
- Mega millions jackpot split into two winners - Jan 05, 2011
- Lottery fever hits as 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches $540 million - Mar 30, 2012
- Couple wins $88mn lottery, daughter says 'whatever' - Feb 16, 2010
- New York Lottery Announces $1 Million Award - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: 5 million, christmas, correct numbers, daily mail, game, lightning, london feb, lottery, lotto numbers, lucky dip, lucky stars, money, mullen, mullens, nappies, odds, six years, trillion, trolley