Brit Cabinet minister’s mistress to beg wife for forgivenessFebruary 7th, 2011 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 7 (ANI): A British Cabinet minister’s mistress is planning to write to his wife begging forgiveness for troubling her family.
Birgit Cunningham, who has allegedly been in a seven-year affair with Lord Strathclyde, a Tory peer and Leader of the House of Lords, said their relationship was “a horrible thing to do to a family,”
However, the privately educated single mother insisted that she was not after his money or home and had resisted his attempts to start an affair for years before finally giving up.
Cunningham also claimed Strathclyde told her the Government was planning to get rid of “the whole lot” of benefits, despite knowing she relied on state handouts.
He has been married for almost 20 years and has three daughters.
“I am going to write Jane a letter. I just hope that she can find it somewhere in her heart to forgive me because I am very, very pro women and what I did to her and her children is unforgivable,” the Telegraph quoted her as telling a Sunday newspaper.
Cunningham, a former Los Angeles socialite who dated Kevin Costner, met the 50-year-old peer in the 1980s but they lost touch in the early 1990s when she moved to the US.
They met again a decade later when she started campaigning for reform of the Child Support Agency (CSA), but she denied they had a long-term love affair.
“I said ‘no’ for seven years and we are talking about a lot of restaurants, perhaps 10 dates. I rebuffed him all the time,” she said.
“He is incorrigible. With him it was a full-time job saying ‘no’,” she added. (ANI)
- British minister accused of cheating wife - Jan 23, 2011
- Married UK House of Lords leader's affair with single mum exposed - Jan 24, 2011
- Kelly Rowland wants to reunite with dad - Nov 19, 2011
- Men attracted to older women: Sharon Stone - Jul 13, 2012
- Jesse James' 'mistress No. 2' sends apology to Sandra Bullock - Apr 27, 2010
- I would forgive Kat if she cheats: Jesse James - May 07, 2011
- Tori Spelling rushed to hospital - Oct 31, 2011
- Charlotte Bronte's love letters to Belgian professor found - Jan 27, 2012
- Cameron wants Muslim clerics in Lords - Apr 25, 2011
- Kevin Costner Becomes Dad For TheSeventh Time - Jun 03, 2010
- South African sports minister to meet CSA bosses - Apr 26, 2012
- I've got more than I expected: Vidya Balan - Mar 10, 2012
- Have an affair to save your marriage: British author - Aug 20, 2012
- Another Jesse James mistress apologizes to Sandra Bullock - Apr 26, 2010
- 'In Bollywood you redefine morality' - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: birgit, brit, british cabinet, cabinet minister, child support agency, forgiveness, full time job, house of lords, kevin costner, london feb, lord strathclyde, love affair, mistress, seven years, single mother, socialite, state handouts, three daughters, tory peer, whole lot