Brit Asian man cleared of racially abusing BNP leader GriffinNovember 5th, 2009 - 2:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov.5 (ANI): A Brit Asian man has been cleared of racially abusing BNP leader Nick Griffin.
Tauriq Khalid, 23, denied shouting “white b*******” at far-right demonstrators in his hometown of Burnley, Lancashire, in November last year.
It took a jury just 45 minutes to clear Khalid of one count of using racially abusive threatening behaviour following a three-day trial at Preston Crown Court, The Sun reports.
Khalid admitted shouting derisory comments from his car window at far-right BNP demonstrators outside Burnley police station.
He told the jury he stopped his silver Vauxhall Astra and shouted “Nick Griffin, you f****** w*****” and made a V-sign with his fingers.
He also admitted he shouted several times “get the f*** out of Burnley, you’re not welcome here”.
But he denied making a gun gesture towards Griffin, a North West MEP with an office in Burnley, or that he indicated he intended to shoot him.
He told the jury: “I shouldn’t have done what I done really, it was just a spur of the moment thing.” (ANI)
- Muslim teaching asst. 'felt like jumping in front of bus' after being racially abused at UK school - Feb 28, 2011
- First non-White member will support BNP to the hilt - Feb 16, 2010
- Flintoff 'six finger' tweet attracts Burnley fury - Apr 14, 2011
- Flintoff's 'six-fingered dingles' jibe angers disability campaigners - Apr 15, 2011
- Briton clicks himself raping child, jailed - Aug 12, 2012
- BNP legal officer calls for 'white riots' in Britain - Oct 25, 2009
- British angry at far-right leader's choice for climate summit - Nov 29, 2009
- Sikh man could become first non-white member of British far-right group - Nov 21, 2009
- British National Party amends constitution to allow Asians, blacks as members - Feb 15, 2010
- We'll pack you off to South Pole: BNP leader told on BBC show - Oct 23, 2009
- Policeman jailed over affair with a rape 'victim' - Aug 06, 2011
- Britain in shock after sending BNP to European Parliament - Jun 08, 2009
- Girl burns golliwog at British National Party fun day - Aug 23, 2009
- Security tightened as BBC hosts anti-immigrant leader - Oct 22, 2009
- Pakistani tortured by relatives in Britain - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: asian man, burnley lancashire, car window, crown court, demonstrators, fingers, gesture, hometown, khalid, london, mep, nick griffin, nov 5, police station, several times, spur of the moment, sun reports, v sign, vauxhall astra