Brisbane SC to hear Justice John before deciding on Dr. Death’s fateJune 22nd, 2010 - 1:22 pm ICT by ANI
Brisbane (Australia) June 22 (ANI): The jury attached to the Brisbane
Supreme Court will hear Justice John H Byrne’s summary of the
manslaughter trial of controversial Indian origin surgeon Dr. Jayant Patel
before deciding on the latter’s fate.
Justice John will begin the summing up the case before the jury this
According to the Courier Mail, Dr. Patel, a former chief surgeon at the
Bundaberg Base Hospital, has pleaded not guilty to four manslaughter
The four charges against him include-
Charge 1: April 1, 2003 - June 15, 2003 -killed Mervyn John Morris
unlawfully at Bundaberg.
Charge 2: May 18, 2003 - May 22, 2003- killed James Edward Phillips
unlawfully at Bundaberg.
Charge 3: December 18, 2004 -December 22, 2004- killed Geradus
Wilhelmus Gosewinus Kemps unlawfully at Bundaberg.
Charge 4: October 3, 2004 - April 4, 2005- caused grievous bodily harm to
Ian Rodney Vowles at Bundaberg. (ANI)
- Oz prosecutor says `Dr. Death's' surgeries were 'out of the loop' - Jun 16, 2010
- 'Dr. Death' Patel's lawyer blasts media coverage as 'plain-faced gossip' - Jun 17, 2010
- 'Dr. Death' Patel was competent for oesophagectomy operations: Defence counsel - Jun 21, 2010
- 'Dr. Death' jury asked whether prejudiced by prior knowledge of doctor's publicity - Mar 22, 2010
- 'Dr. Death'Jayant Patel jailed for seven years - Jul 01, 2010
- Jury retires to deliberate on Patel manslaughter trial - Jun 23, 2010
- `Dr. Death' Patel threatened to quit when patient transfer was arranged - Apr 30, 2010
- Brisbane Supreme Court discharges third juror in Dr. Death's trial - Mar 29, 2010
- 'Dr. Death' Jayant Patel moved to new jail in Brisbane - Jul 05, 2010
- 'Dr. Death' may have been trying to 'redeem' himself via surgeries: Oz prosecutor - Jun 17, 2010
- Trial of `Dr. Death' Patel to be broadcast live to Bundaberg - Oct 15, 2009
- Extended jail term sought for Indian-origin doctor - Jul 20, 2010
- Indian-origin doctor called his hospital third world country - May 11, 2010
- Dr. 'Death' Patel manslaughter verdict may not survive appeal, warns judge - Jun 30, 2010
- Indian-origin doctor gets 7 years jail term in Australia (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: 1 april, april 1, april 4, brisbane australia, bundaberg base hospital, chief surgeon, courier mail, dr death, dr jayant patel, edward phillips, fate, grievous bodily harm, indian origin, kemps, manslaughter charges, manslaughter trial, supreme court, vowles