BRICS’ solidarity good news for world : Chinese mediaMarch 30th, 2012 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 30 (IANS) The 4th BRICS summit sent positive signals to the outside world that global stability, security and prosperity could be achieved if everyone pulled together, the Chinese media reported Friday.
The China Daily in an editorial, “Solidarity of BRICS”, stated: “Given that the BRICS countries have become an increasingly important force on the world stage and the drivers of the global economy, their pledge to make due contributions to the world development and prosperity should be interpreted as good news for all.”
In the joint declaration issued by the leaders of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), they vowed to enhance cooperation among themselves and contribute to world development and prosperity.
The nations also voiced their united support for a Syrian peace process promoted by international envoy Kofi Annan and warned of the “disastrous consequences” of allowing the Iran nuclear issue to escalate into conflict.
The editorial appreciated that the group showed solidarity on issues of global significance. “By speaking with one voice, they can better defend their own interests and those of the developing world at large and promote fairer global governance,” the Chinese daily said.
The summit came at a crucial moment, as the global economic recovery is still dragging its feet, entangled by fragile financial systems, high public and private debt, high unemployment and the rising price of oil. Pressing issues, such as climate change, food security and energy security also pose grave challenges, it said.
This summit has clearly not been a wasted opportunity and has been successful in advancing cooperation, consultation and coordination among the member countries. It has made it clear that they have come together for the benefit of their people and the international community as a whole, the editorial said.
- Don't support foreign interference, Syria urges BRICS - Mar 29, 2012
- BRICS says dialogue only answer for Syria, Iran - Mar 29, 2012
- Syria appreciates BRICS stand on sovereignty - Mar 30, 2012
- BRICS to set up joint bank, backs dialogue on Iran, Syria (Roundup) - Mar 29, 2012
- Highlights of 4th BRICS Summit - Mar 29, 2012
- Will continue to support Europe in crisis: China - Mar 21, 2012
- Russia says Annan's mission offers last chance to Syria - Mar 25, 2012
- BRICS Summit - Facts at a glance - Mar 28, 2012
- BRICS countries becoming rule makers: Chinese expert - Mar 29, 2012
- BRICS countries continue to enjoy strong, sustained economic growth - Apr 14, 2011
- BRICS to set up joint bank, for dialogue on Iran, Syria (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Chinese unleash BRICS charm offensive (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Chinese unleash BRICS charm offensive - Mar 28, 2012
- BRICS source of stability in time of recession: PM - Dec 15, 2011
- China, Russia to make joint efforts for Syria - May 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,