Brennan appointed as Obamas counter terrorism advisorMarch 1st, 2009 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar.1 (ANI): Former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director, John O. Brennan has been appointed as the Homeland Security Adviser and Deputy National Security Adviser for Counter Terrorism in the Obama administration.
Brennan is considered to be a close associate of President Obama, as he (Obama) seeks the formers advice on every terrorism and security related issue.
The fact is the president seeks John’’s views and reactions to every terrorism and homeland security issue. There is no question about that, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication, Denis McDonough, said.
Brennan was in the CIA during the interrogation program that included the water boarding of three suspected Al Qaeda operatives, but reportedly played a less significant role during the whole interrogation program.
“His duties at the time did not include that issue, The Washington Times quoted the then CIAs Deputy Director, John McLaughlin, as saying.
Brennan is also a die-hard basketball fan just as President Obama. (ANI)
- US calls for vigilance against 9/11 threat - Sep 10, 2011
- 'US will not demonise entire Muslim community over terror hearings' - Mar 07, 2011
- Obama appeals against violence in Egypt - Jan 30, 2011
- US to release Osama files - May 01, 2012
- Obama, others' went through 'anxiety-filled periods' watching Osama getting killed - May 03, 2011
- Killing of Osama bin Laden has rehabilitated reputation of US Government, officials - May 04, 2011
- Bin Laden mission was a big gamble for Obama: official - May 04, 2011
- Obama didn't see bin-Laden die: CIA Director Panetta - May 04, 2011
- Osama's wife says family was living at Abbottabad compound since 2005: Source - May 04, 2011
- Obama's insular White House worries his allies - Dec 25, 2010
- Gurdwara shooting: FBI hunts for motive (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- US asks Yemeni president to hand over power - Jul 11, 2011
- Nigerian attempts to blow up US plane; claims link to Al Qaeda (Evening Lead)Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2009
- US focusing on Pakistan, Afghanistan in terror war: White House - Dec 28, 2009
- US seeks to destroy Al Qaeda's core in Pakistan (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
Tags: al qaeda, basketball fan, brennan, central intelligence agency, cia, cia director, counter terrorism, denis, deputy director, die hard, director john, homeland security, interrogation, john mclaughlin, national security adviser, obama, operatives, security issue, washington times