Breast implants save woman’s life from bullets!February 26th, 2010 - 1:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, February 26 (ANI): A woman has her breast implants to thank for saving her life under a storm of bullets in a dental office in Southern California.
Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Ashkan Ghavami called Lydia Carranza a “lucky woman” after she survived the open fire by a co-worker’s husband in the “Family Dental Care” clinic in Simi Valley.
Carranza was first shot in the arm and then the chest and Dr. Ghavami believes the result could have been fatal had it not been for her size-D implants that may have stopped the bullet from hitting her heart, KTLA News reported.
Dr. Ghavami is now looking to perform the reconstructive surgery at a reduced cost.
The expert said: “Lydia has seen several doctors. Many of them displayed an attitude of, ‘you should be grateful to be alive, who cares about an implant?’ My hope is Lydia will be able to move on from this trauma when her reflection shows someone she recognizes, and finds beautiful.”
The suspected gunman, Jaime Paredes, has been without bail on numerous counts, including murder and premeditated attempted murder and was said to be awaiting trial. (ANI)
- Surgeons weigh in on Demi Moore's 'youthful' looks - Apr 17, 2010
- Octomom Nadya Suleman 'had 12 embryos implanted' - Oct 19, 2010
- Shooter kills two others, self in California restaurant - Jun 20, 2010
- Welsh great-grandma gets a boob job - Sep 08, 2011
- Implants don't increase woman's breast cancer risk - Oct 21, 2009
- Mom jailed for 30 years for killing two kids - Jul 05, 2012
- Breast implant 'swallowed' by woman’s body during a Pilates session - Dec 16, 2011
- Inmate kills girlfriend, stashes body in cell at Peru prison - Nov 30, 2010
- Paintball shot bursts British woman's breast implants - Aug 25, 2011
- Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was Palin's target over 'health care reform' backing - Jan 09, 2011
- US Police looking for second Arizona shooting suspect - Jan 09, 2011
- US woman steals credit card for bigger boob job, jailed - Dec 07, 2010
- Bone-creating protein may improve dental implant success, say scientists - Mar 05, 2011
- Lydia Paillard wakes up in hospital after being declared dead - Oct 21, 2010
- Pippa Middleton inspires plastic surgery boom - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: ashkan, attempted murder, beverly hills cosmetic surgeon, breast implants, bullets, california beverly hills, carranza, co worker, dental care clinic, dental office, family dental care, family dental care clinic, ghavami, jaime paredes, lucky woman, lydia, open fire, reconstructive surgery, simi valley, suspected gunman