Brazilian cadet dies in ejection from planeJune 6th, 2012 - 11:15 am ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, June 6 (IANS/EFE) A Brazilian air force cadet died when he was ejected from a training plane when the aircraft was still on the ground, authorities said.
The accident occurred at 7.05 a.m. near the head of the runway at the Air Force Academy in the city of Pirassununga, in Sao Paulo state, at the beginning of a training mission, according to a communique Monday from the air force command.
Cadet Andre Rodrigues Silva, 22, with 100 hours of flight time, was preparing to carry out a training mission in the Tucano T-27 turboprop aircraft, a light fighter made by Brazil’s Embraer aircraft manufacturer.
“The Aeronautical command has already begun investigating to establish the possible factors that contributed to the accident,” the communique said.
“It was an ejection on the ground. We still don’t know if it was the cadet who activated the ejector or not,” said Lt. Waldinei Carlos da Cruz Barbosa, an air force officer, in remarks to journalists.
According to Cruz Barbosa, the cadet, who had been at the academy since 2009 and was in his last year of training, was alive when he arrived at an air force hospital but later died due to the severity of his injuries.
- Indian air chief in Brazil to deepen defence ties - Aug 21, 2012
- Brazil's Embraer to begin building drones - Sep 09, 2011
- Aerial stunts by Brazil air force suspended after accident - Apr 04, 2010
- Air force pilot dies in Brazil plane crash - May 13, 2011
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots eject safely (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Russian military cadet dies in skydive - Apr 05, 2012
- Spanish aircraft launch mission in Libya - Mar 22, 2011
- Two pilots dead after training aircraft crashes in southern Taiwan - Dec 16, 2010
- India successfully tests second indigenous airborne radar flight (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Second indigenous airborne radar flight tested - Apr 05, 2012
- NDA to get new Super Demona aircraft - Oct 08, 2010
- Eight die in two plane crashes in Bolivia - Apr 23, 2012
- 171 officers commissioned into Indian Air Force - Dec 18, 2010
- Cash-strapped Greece cuts government jets - Aug 28, 2012
- IAF Sukhoi jet crashes near Pune, pilots safe (Third Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: air force academy, air force command, air force officer, aircraft manufacturer, authorities, brazil, brazilian air force, efe, ejector, embraer aircraft, journalists, lt, pirassununga, rio de janeiro, rodrigues, sao paulo state, severity, silva, tucano, turboprop aircraft