Brazil, Russia, China, South Africa invited for BRICS in New DelhiNovember 3rd, 2011 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
Cannes, Nov 3 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday extended a personal invitation to the leaderships of Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa for the next summit of BRICS scheduled in New Delhi March 29 next year.
The invitation was extended during a meeting among them here ahead of the G20 Summit to firm up a joint position on the current debate over how to resolve the Eurozone crisis and other matters pertaining to the global economy.
“The leaders agreed that the Eurozone debt crisis was a matter of serious concern for the global economy and had caused fresh instability and volatility in markets after the 2008 economic crisis,” said a statement by India’s foreign office.
“The leaders expressed their full support to Europe’s efforts to find an early solution to the crisis, underlying that the solution to the crisis had to be found by the European Union and the Eurozone countries themselves.”
Besides Manmohan Singh, the BRICS leaders here for G20 are Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, Chinese President Hu Jintao, and South African President Jacob Zuma.
(Arvind Padmanabhan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BRICS nations explore options to protect currencies - Jun 19, 2012
- 'S&P; take on India has no traction in BRICS' - Jun 16, 2012
- 'World in deep trouble, India more vulnerable' - Jun 18, 2012
- BRICS leaders issue Sanya Declaration - Apr 14, 2011
- India can help in Eurozone crisis: Montek - Nov 03, 2011
- India will grow faster: PM to 'impatient' citizens, investors (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- 'India more vulnerable, World in deep trouble' (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- BRICS to ink currency pacts, to push joint bank - Mar 28, 2012
- India, Brazil, South Africa seek way out of economic crisis - Oct 18, 2011
- BRICS to sign pacts for trade in local currencies - Mar 26, 2012
- Booked for BRICS: busy Thursday for Manmohan - Mar 28, 2012
- Hope G20 can help end global economic crisis: PM - Jun 18, 2012
- BRICS to set up joint bank, backs dialogue on Iran, Syria (Roundup) - Mar 29, 2012
- G20 looks to India, China for more funding to IMF - Nov 04, 2011
- BRICS will offer huge opportunities for South Africa: Zuma - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: arvind, brazilian president, brics, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, debt crisis, dmitry medvedev, eurozone countries, g20 summit, global economy, hu jintao, jacob zuma, leaderships, manmohan singh, padmanabhan, personal invitation, president hu jintao, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, south african president