Brazil denies holding 2010 World Cup

July 18th, 2008 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS  

Xinhua
Rio de Janeiro, July 18 (Xinhua) The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) has strongly denied the rumour that its country would hold FIFA World Cup 2010 in case South Africa is not able to host it. “It is ridiculous,” said CBF press officer Rodrigo Paiva Thursday. “There is no chance this could happen.”

Paiva stated that CBF President Ricardo Teixeira, who is in Marseille for the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup, has also said that there is no truth in the news.

FIFA President Sepp Blatter said last month that he had a Plan B for the World Cup should South Africa pull out.
Xinhua

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |

Subscribe