Branson’s stint as stewardess put on hold after he injures his kneeJanuary 15th, 2011 - 3:09 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Jan 15 (ANI): Virgin Atlantic founder Sir Richard Branson has gained some time from having to dress as an AirAsia X stewardess after he injured his knee.
Branson, 60, had lost a bet to AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes and had been scheduled to serve as a “stewardess” on the AirAsia X flight from London to Kuala Lumpur on February 21.
But now with the injury preventing him from donning the high heels that go with the airline’s outfit, he has had to postpone the event, the Star Online reported.
Branson wrote on his blog that a teenager had run into him while he was skiing on New Year’s Day in Switzerland, and an operation was carried out within 24 hours on his anterior cruciate ligament, which was completely ruptured.
Branson hoped to be ready for the flight but expressed worry that wearing high heel shoes would be “a step too far”. (ANI)
- Branson to work as air hostess on AirAsia flight - Nov 17, 2010
- Virgin boss Branson to shave his legs, wear make-up after losing bet? - Nov 17, 2010
- Virgin boss Branson to dress as AirAsia stewardess after losing bet - Nov 16, 2010
- Richard Branson injures knee in skiing accident - Jan 14, 2011
- Richard Branson to serve as 'stewardess' after losing a bet - Nov 15, 2010
- AirAsia chief accepts Branson's 'F1 loser to wear air stewardess dress' challenge - Dec 18, 2009
- Richard Branson's charity flight dressed as "stewardess" postponed again - Apr 23, 2011
- Malaysian airlines troubled by crash rumours - Mar 17, 2011
- Malaysia's AirAsia offering 200 dollar return flights from Oz to London - Jun 09, 2010
- Goan origin Fernandes has pan-India aspiration for his AirAsia (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- Indian-origin official named Airline CEO of the Year - Nov 29, 2009
- AirAsia boss confirms he's in business talks with Madonna - Jan 09, 2011
- Air Asia X offers free one-way flight to Kaula Lumpur - Aug 16, 2010
- Malaysian budget airliner Air Asia to target two million passengers to India - Jan 28, 2010
- Injured Rossi out of Euro 2012 - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: airline, anterior cruciate ligament, bet, blog, chief executive officer, datuk seri, high heel shoes, high heels, kuala lumpur, london, new year, sir richard branson, stewardess, stint, switzerland, teenager, tony fernandes, virgin atlantic, x flight