Brand to make documentary on drugsApril 8th, 2012 - 4:59 am ICT by IANS
London, April 8 (IANS) British comedian Russell Brand is set to make a documentary about drug addiction.
The actor, who has battled alcoholism and drug addiction, will make the documentary for BBC, to which he returns after a gap of four years, reports thesun.co.uk.
He is said to be in talks with the corporation about making the programme for BBC3. He might even do the documentary for free, following the death of his friend, singer Amy Winehouse.
The comic has talked about how he and the singer “shared the disease of addiction”.
Brand’s return to the BBC comes after he quit his Radio 2 show in 2008 over smutty messages he left on actor Andrew Sachs’ voicemail.
- Brand regrets not helping Winehouse - Aug 13, 2012
- Russell Brand still battles drug cravings - Aug 05, 2012
- Sarah is ideal for Amy charity: Mitch Winehouse - Oct 25, 2011
- Brand wants to be a vicar - Jul 20, 2012
- Brand gets new tattoo - Aug 07, 2012
- Winehouse tribute concert might be telecasted - Jan 15, 2012
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Perry cuts Brand out of her life - Apr 23, 2012
- Who will play Winehouse? - Aug 17, 2011
- Perry not ready to reveal all - Jun 25, 2012
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Brand dating Halliwell? - Aug 28, 2012
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- Brand dating Katy Perry lookalike - Jun 14, 2012
- Katy Perry amongst MTV VMA winners - Aug 29, 2011