Boyzone plans to hit the bull’s eye with comeback songDecember 5th, 2008 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 5 (IANS) Boy band Boyzone is working on a comeback and lead singer Ronan Keating says he knew there was only one way to do it - let the group’s music do the talking. Thesun.co.uk reports Keating saying: “It would have been easy to put on a cheap tour and make a lot of money from it, put it in our pockets and then all go off on holiday for the next couple of years. But then what would have been the point of reforming?”
The other band members - Stephen Gately, Shane Lynch, Mikey Graham and Keith Duffy - have been putting down vocals for their new single, “Better”, in a studio in London. The group have patched up relations following their very public split in 2000.
Stephen took the break-up badly.
“I was depressed for a while. I just became a bit paranoid and had to take medication. It was only when I got the part in ‘Joseph’ that I could pull myself out of that dark hole,” he said.
And even though Keating enjoyed success as a solo singer, he also endured some tough times.
“I came out of Boyzone, had a massive album and it was like I was on a wave. My second album was fantastic and then the third album slowed down. And the fourth album did, too, and it hurt. It’s not nice for your self-esteem but I think it’s healthy because it makes you appreciate what you had,” Keating said.
- Duffy dismisses Boyzone splitting rumours - Jun 14, 2011
- Stephan Gately website launched on his first death anniversary - Oct 11, 2010
- Boyzone to perform at Gately's funeral - Oct 16, 2009
- Boyzone bandmates plan to release album featuring Gately - Nov 01, 2009
- Keating nervous about album release - Jan 16, 2012
- Surviving Boyzone members to stay in church with Gately's body overnight - Oct 15, 2009
- Secrets of Boyzone split to be revealed on TV show - May 28, 2009
- Music world shocked by Gately's death - Oct 12, 2009
- Boyzone to pay tribute to late band member - Nov 09, 2009
- Keating wants to live stress-free life - Sep 02, 2012
- Boyzone plans hologram of Stephen Gately - Feb 22, 2010
- Boyzone to release new album this year - Apr 03, 2011
- Grieving Boyzone members honour Gately with "76 - 09" tattoos - Oct 17, 2009
- Recording new album was like therapy: Ronan Keating - Mar 03, 2010
- Ronan Keating swims Irish sea for charity - Sep 03, 2011