Boyfriend charged over death of Oz-Indian familyDecember 30th, 2008 - 12:22 pm ICT by ANI
Brisbane, Dec.30 (ANI): Police in Brisbane have charged the boyfriend of a 24-year-old Indian origin girl with the 2003 murders of the Singh siblings.
Max Sica has been charged with the murders of Neelma, 24, Sidhi, 12, Kunal Singh, 18.
They were found dead in a hot spa in the family’’s luxury Brisbane home on April 22, 2003. Their parents, Shirley and Vijay Singh, were away on business in Fiji at the time.
Sica, 38, who was the boyfriend of Neelma Singh, was the first to raise the alarm about the killings in Bridgeman Downs, in Brisbane’’s northern suburbs.
Homicide detectives arrested him at his home in Stafford this morning, before being taken to the Brisbane Watchhouse.
Sica’’s lawyer, Kerry Smith Douglas, appeared outside the watch house a short time after charges were laid and claimed that here client was innocent.
“We will get him off these charges. We believed nothing has changed in the six years since the Singh murders and we demand to know what they [police] believe has changed, she said.
“Police refused to give myself or my client’’s barrister any concrete evidence against him. Our client is innocent and we are going to get him off,” she added.
“These are trumped-up charges from the Queensland police force,” she claimed.
Sica will appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court today charged with three counts of murder. (ANI)
- Australian found guilty of killing three Indian siblings - Jul 03, 2012
- Murdered Indian Australian woman's boyfriend wanted a family threesome - Aug 27, 2009
- Ex-boyfriend to stand trial for killing Oz-Indian woman and siblings - Oct 13, 2010
- `Shiva's Trishul' used to kill Indian Australian woman, siblings! - Aug 18, 2009
- New insight into Indian origin woman Neelma Singh's murder in Brisbane - Sep 21, 2010
- Murder accused faked brain tumour in Australia - Aug 14, 2009
- Murdered Indian Australian woman's father had an affair with his niece - Aug 21, 2009
- Dead Indian Australian woman 'hid relationship' with her eventual murderer, claims father - Aug 17, 2009
- Murdered Indian Australian woman's jewellery, diary missing, says her mother - Aug 19, 2009
- 'Murdered Indian Australian was still alive when dumped in spa with dead sisters' - Aug 25, 2009
- Singh family sues accused murderer for trespass - Mar 27, 2009
- Brisbane court told murdered Indian Australian woman's father was a violent man - Aug 20, 2009
- Incest angle emerges in Bridgeman Downs Singh siblings murder case - Jan 10, 2009
- Amber Portwood is now out of hospital - Jun 20, 2011
- Australia apologises to Indian-origin doctor - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: barrister, bridgeman downs, brisbane, concrete evidence, fiji, homicide detectives, hot spa, indian origin, kerry smith, killings, magistrates court, max sica, murders, neelma singh, northern suburbs, queensland police force, short time, siblings, six years, vijay singh