Boy playing with matchstick caused Los Angeles fireNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:11 am ICT by admin
“He admitted to playing with matches and accidentally starting the fire,” the Sun quoted sheriff’s Sgt Diane Hecht, as saying in a statement.
It added that the boy was released to his parents, and the case would be presented to the district attorney’s office.
The 60-square-mile (155-square-kilometer) fire began in an area near Agua Dulce and quickly spread by fierce desert winds. It was among more than a dozen major wildfires that killed 14 people and blackened 809 square miles (2,095 square kilometers) from Los Angeles to the Mexican border.
Authorities arrested five people for arson during that period, but none have been linked to any of the major blazes, the paper reported. (ANI)
- WildFire Engulfs Parts Of Palmdale, Hundreds Evacuated - Jul 30, 2010
- Seven cat species captured on camera in Indian rain forest - Mar 13, 2010
- Former Miss Universe to release first album - Aug 03, 2011
- Light 3.9-magnitude earthquake shakes Los Angeles - May 15, 2010
- California Wildfire creating panic - Sep 23, 2009
- Death penalty sought for US arsonist - Mar 19, 2009
- Bolivian minister quits - Sep 29, 2011
- Wildfire In Boulder County Spreads Over 4 Square Miles - Sep 07, 2010
- Texas battles new wildfires as extreme drought continues - Sep 02, 2011
- Mass blackbird deaths in US on New Year's eve - Jan 03, 2012
- Political activist killed, vehicles torched in Karachi - Mar 27, 2012
- Ex-Miss Universe Amelia Vega to marry NBA star - Dec 25, 2011
- Ukraine denies Chernobyl fire reports - Aug 14, 2010
- Ex-Miss Universe to judge this year's contest - Sep 02, 2011
- 200 homes evacuated due to wildfire in US - Aug 25, 2010
Tags: accidentally, agua dulce, arson, authorities, desert winds, district attorney, hecht, matchstick, mexican border, playing with matches, square kilometer, square kilometers, square mile, square miles, wildfires