Boy Killed In Shark Attack At Santa BarbaraOctober 23rd, 2010 - 6:23 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A young boy had no idea that he was surfing for a final time in his life when he was killed by a shark whileboarding off Surf Beach at Vandenberg Air Force Base. The incident occurred at a distance 100 yards from the shore when the guy, identified as a Lucas Mckaine Ransom, became prey to a shark. The guy sustained a massive wound on his left leg and died shortly thereafter. His friend Matthew Garcia cried for help when he saw his friend disappearing in red water and somehow managed to get his friend on shore, but it was too late.
The 19 year old Lucas Mckaine Ransom’s death has got the authorities busy. It is not known what kind of shark attacked the young boy but there are reports that say the shark was 15 to 20 feet long. The authorities may be searching for the shark as a 72 hour warning has been issued at the beaches which will remain closed for the said amount of time. The authorities though were not very keen on commenting on the incident. The dead boy was a junior majoring in chemical engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara City College.
People are both frightened and sorry for the young man whose untimely death has caused a panic on the beach. This is not the first time that a shark attack has occurred in the area. In 2008 a shark had bit off a surfers board, the incident had made the beach officials issue a 48 hour warning at the time. During this period none will be allowed to ease their body in the sea.
- Santa Barbara Beaches Closed After Lucas Ransom's Death - Oct 25, 2010
- Matthew Garcia Hears Plea For Help But Fails To Save Friend's Life - Oct 25, 2010
- Lucas Ransom's Mother Remembers Her Dead Son - Oct 23, 2010
- Matthew Garcia Recall His Pal's Demise - Oct 25, 2010
- Surfer Stephen King has a lucky escape from shark attack - Dec 12, 2011
- Surfer falls into shark jaws - Mar 22, 2012
- South African beach dubbed world's deadliest - Jan 16, 2012
- Shark kills surfer at Australian beach - Sep 04, 2011
- Australian surfer dies of shark attack - Jul 14, 2012
- Dog bites shark in Australia - Jul 22, 2011
- Man needs 300 stitches after shark attack - Jul 27, 2010
- French diplomat mauled by shark while kite surfing - Sep 12, 2011
- Stranded kite surfer survives sharks' attack - Mar 10, 2012
- Mexican mother blinds her son in satanic ritual - May 25, 2012
- 'Dinosaur-sized' shark eats tourist in Cape Town - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: amount of time, beaches, california santa barbara, chemical engineering, friend matthew, left leg, prey, ranjan, ransom, red water, santa barbara city, santa barbara city college, shark attack, surf beach, surfers, university of california santa barbara, untimely death, vandenberg air force, vandenberg air force base, young man