Boy abducted because of his nameApril 5th, 2012 - 12:31 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 5 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A woman who kidnapped a seven-year-old boy named Ilya Yaropolov in Russia did so because she wanted a child with that name, police said.
The boy was kidnapped from the Siberian Perm region last week.
The 20-year-old woman took Yaropolov from a kindergarten in Krasnokamsk, but left him at a bus stop in Perm five days later, notifying police of his whereabouts by telephone.
“She dreamt of having a boy named Ilya,” said regional police chief Andrei Podolyan.
He said the boy followed the unnamed kidnapper because she told him his mother was ill. The boy was well treated and given some toys, but not let outside the woman’s house.
The Komsomolskaya Pravda daily said kindergarten employees did not prevent Yaropolov from being taken away because the teacher responsible was absent on the day of the kidnapping. Two employees have been sacked over the incident.
The woman returned the boy at the insistence of her boyfriend, a 60-year-old man who saw an appeal notice for Ilya’s return in a bus, the report said.
The woman’s boyfriend had earlier served a term for child abuse and stored child pornography at home, the daily said.
The duo were not arrested, investigators said. Kidnapping carries no punishment in Russia if the perpetrators voluntary release the victim.
- Russian attempts suicide after watching 'The Amazing Spider-Man' - Jul 07, 2012
- Man with binoculars killed near Ukraine nudist beach - Aug 29, 2012
- Five Russian journalists set free by Libyan rebels - Apr 09, 2011
- Putin backs Russia's population growth - Feb 13, 2012
- Shuttlecock shooters to control crowds in Russia - Jun 07, 2012
- Five killed in car accident near Moscow - Jul 22, 2012
- Russian offers his back for tattoo ads - Apr 19, 2012
- Putin unaffected by assassination plot - Feb 28, 2012
- Russian walks 9,000-km home after being robbed - Sep 07, 2011
- Two Russians jailed for raping 83-year-old woman - Jul 10, 2012
- Pro-Kremlin groups to stage 26 rallies in Moscow - Mar 04, 2012
- Russian faces jail for killing his rapist - May 11, 2012
- Russian kid found living with cows - Jul 28, 2012
- Russian priest assaults women in road rage - Sep 06, 2012
- Russian pilot dies of heart attack mid-flight - Jan 21, 2012
Tags: andrei, appeal notice, boy abducted, bus stop, child abuse, child pornography, having a boy, insistence, investigators, kidnapper, kindergarten, komsomolskaya pravda, moscow, old man, old woman, perm region, police chief, regional police, ria novosti, voluntary release