Bond girl killed in her Dublin homeDecember 16th, 2008 - 3:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 16 (IANS) Bond actress Celine Cawley, who was seen in “A View To A Kill” with Roger Moore, was killed after grappling with an intruder at her Dublin home. The mother-of-one was found Monday with serious head injuries in the patio of her home in the luxurious residential area of Howth Head and died less than an hour later in hospital, the Daily Mail has reported.
There was no sign of a break-in at the house and no weapon has been recovered. The incident is believed to have occurred around 10 a.m.
The 46-year-old’s husband had been out for most of the morning after taking their teenage daughter to school. He arrived home after a morning walk with the family dog to find his wife lying unconscious and chased the attacker from the hillside property.
Detectives believe the man escaped by running through the back garden and out into a lane.
Cawley was well known in media and advertising circles in Ireland after building her Toytown Films company into one of Ireland’s most high profile production houses.
- Husband charged with ex-Bond girl Celine Cawleys murder - Dec 23, 2008
- Olympic flame travels to Dublin - Jun 06, 2012
- Burglars break into Zsa Zsa Gabor's home - Mar 01, 2011
- My boyfriend is my hero: Paris Hilton - Mar 07, 2011
- Legendary rock guitarist Gary Moore passes away at 58 - Feb 07, 2011
- Dalai Lama to meet his sightless hero in Ireland - Apr 11, 2011
- Brazil killers ate flesh, sold 'dish' to neighbours - Apr 14, 2012
- JC Chasez: 'Scumbag broke into my car' - Feb 24, 2011
- British officer takes sick leave for 'broken heart' - Oct 13, 2011
- 1,300-year-old pots found in Argentina - Aug 19, 2010
- College principal killed for alleged assault - Sep 10, 2011
- Baby Falak taken off ventilator, still unconscious - Feb 03, 2012
- Security stepped up for Obama's UK visit, Queen's Ireland trip - May 04, 2011
- Beauty queen shoots, kills intruder at her Florida home - Mar 23, 2011
- Brisbane women's singles trophy dedicated to Goolagong Cawley - Dec 23, 2011