Bomb scare in Kerala town, police conduct searchesJuly 29th, 2008 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, July 29 (IANS) A search was conducted in a Kerala town near here Tuesday morning after a police station received a phone call that warned of a bomb blast by noon. People were evacuated from the main bus station and surrounding areas in Nadapuram, around 60 km from here, after the police received the call.
“We have taken all precautions. The bomb squad has searched the area and we haven’t found any suspicious object,” said Deputy Superintendent of Police A. Gopakumar.
The police station received the call around at around 2 a.m. There were reports in local news channels that the phone call had been traced to Pakistan, but senior police officials refused to confirm this.
“There was a bomb threat. Our team is there to conduct the search. I cannot say from where the call came. We are trying to find that out,” Additional Director General of Police (North Kerala) Kundan Singh Jangpangi told IANS.
Tags: bomb blast, bomb scare, bomb squad, bomb threat, bus station, conduct searches, deputy superintendent, director general, gopakumar, kundan, local news channels, nadapuram, north kerala, pakistan, phone call, police conduct, police officials, police station, town police, tuesday morning