Bomb scare at New Zealand airportJune 26th, 2011 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Wellington, June 26 (IANS) Police launched a search for a bomb at the Wellington airport Sunday after a telephonic warning, a newspaper reported.
The New Zealand Herald said forensic officials and bomb squad dogs combed the airport without evacuating it.
A police spokesperson said a call was received by a member of the public around 11 a.m. Wellington airport is one of the three largest airports in New Zealand.
- Bomb scare prompts evacuation in Moscow - Feb 06, 2011
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- Bomb scare at Delhi airport - Apr 06, 2011
- Ukrainian airport evacuated after bomb scare - Aug 21, 2012
- Bomb alert at Delhi Metro station - Jun 29, 2012
- Louisville Airport Bomb Scare Resolved - Dec 02, 2010
- Japan quake search team leaves New Zealand for disaster in own country - Mar 12, 2011
- Bomb hoax on Howrah bridge - Sep 25, 2011
- Two Moscow malls evacuated after terror alert - Jan 29, 2011
- US airport evacuated after bomb threat - Aug 02, 2012
- Manchester Airport terminal reopens after alert over suspicious device - Sep 21, 2011
- Major quake devastates New Zealand's Christchurch, at least 65 dead - Feb 22, 2011
- Three Delhi malls evacuated after bomb threat - Apr 25, 2010
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- New Zealand quake toll reaches 160 - Mar 02, 2011