Bomb hoax grounds Etihad flight in PakistanOctober 15th, 2008 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Oct 15 (IANS) An Etihad Airways flight from Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to Pakistan’s capital Islamabad was forced to land at Karachi Wednesday afternoon following a bomb hoax.According to reports, a note warning about a bomb on board the aircraft was found in the plane’s toilet.
The flight, EY231, had 193 passengers and 14-member crew on board.
After the passengers disembarked and a thorough check of the aircraft revealed that the threat was a hoax, the flight was cleared for takeoff by Karachi airport authorities.
The Abu Dhabi-headquartered airline said the flight would leave Karachi for Islamabad later in the evening.
“The safety of our customers is of paramount importance and the pilot’s thorough training led to his correct decision to divert the aircraft to Karachi and thankfully, the note was found to be a hoax after the authorities searched the plane thoroughly,” Iain Burns, an Etihad spokesman, said in a statement.
“We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience caused and we thank them for their patience, calmness and understanding,” he added.
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Dead Fetus Found In Etihad Airways Plane's Bathroom In Manila - Jan 05, 2011
- Air India plane lands in Oman after bomb hoax - Aug 20, 2010
- Etihad Airways wins Airbus award - Jul 08, 2012
- Bomb scare delays Pakistani flight - Sep 10, 2012
- UAE airline places $2.8 bn order for Boeing planes - Dec 13, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad Airways resumes flights to London - Dec 20, 2010
- Krishna thanks Pakistan for help to Indian passengers - Jul 10, 2012
- Etihad, Czech Airlines sign codeshare agreement - Jun 25, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Emergency landing: India in touch with mission in Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Bomb hoax on Kingfisher flight - Aug 30, 2011
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- British Airways steward jailed for hoax bomb threat - Aug 18, 2012